7/7/14

WWE Raw Review 7/7/14

Note: New week and we are going into another WWE PPV coming up. One more then we get the summer extravaganza known as Summer Slam. It is hard to keep up with all the PPVs that WWE comes up with that isn't the original four. So as we get into the new week, I know there will not be any mention of Emma being arrested for larceny or Santino announcing his retirement. Also there will not be any Real Americans because Swagger can't leave the USA. As for what's going on for this upcoming PPV, well at least the odds for Yawn Cena to lose the titles will be better than 50/50. So let's watch WWE Raw and hope for something good....


Match#1: Erick Rowan and Luke Harper vs. The Usos 
Winners: Luke Harper and Erick Rowan
(I have come to the decision that these matches with these teams are building up to the PPV. So rather to say things like this was boring or wonder how many times I want to see this match during the four weeks leading into the PPV, I will look at it like this: Warming up to the PPV. This was better because as we all found out this week that all matches in WWE will be more aggressive. So no more bullshit. We are going to where it was watchable. So this was not bad but this was not good either. Next match please. ) 

Match#2: Alicia Fox vs. Nikki Bella 
Winner: No Contest
(In a way, I am glad it did not have a winner. This just proves that Alicia Fox is trying too damn hard to be hated. Also the psycho woman gimmick is stale. Also, why is Nikki Bella on TV? Shouldn't she be off TV like her sister? Oh wait, she is still fucking with Yawn Cena. Nevermind but thank you Alicia Fox for the effort in trying to be like Stone Cold. )

Match#3: Rusev vs. Rob Van Dam 
Winner: Rusev 
(I did not care for this match. I was watching Lana. Why? She is fucking hot and at least she can hold my attention. This match was done because Swagger can't leave the USA. So basically, their feud will pick up in a couple of days during the next Raw in the USA. This was bullshit...NEXT!!!!!)

Match#3: Randy Orton vs. Dean Ambrose 
Winner: Randy Orton 
(This just proves that Dean Ambrose is going to be mid carding for years. This was a rare squash match for RKO. This was good to watch but that is because the action picked up. I will just move on because there was not a lot I can say to make this match more than what I said it was. Sad to see Dean Ambrose get jobbed. Moving along....)

Match#4: Dolph Ziggler vs. Alberto Del Rio 
Winner: Alberto Del Rio 
(I won't wasted time with this match because there is no point. How many times can you see these men wrestle? This is worst that seeing paint dry or water boil. I love Ziggler but at least give him someone he can wrestle with not someone that is stagnant. NEXT!!!!)

Match#5: Sheamus vs. Damien Sandow 
Winner: Sheamus 
(I don't know what was worse: Seeing Sandow act like HBK or seeing Bret Hart punch him out. Then after that, he had to job to Sheamus. My god, this was just a big fuck you to Damien Sandow. Moving on from this sad excuse of a match....)

Match#6: The Miz vs. Chris Jericho 
Winner: Chris Jericho 
(This was good. This was better to watch. Y2J is good and so is Miz. This is a side feud because we all know that we will see Jericho vs. Bray Wyatt at the PPV. This was a good match and at least this was not boring. I am starting to think WWE Raw needs to go back to two hours because the middle hour and most of the last hour gets bland. )

Match#7: Cameron and Naomi vs. AJ Lee and Paige 
Winners: Paige and AJ Lee 
(I will admit that this was the time I used to basically stop watching as a reviewer and saw this for what this was: FAP Time. I did not care that Paige and AJ Lee are going to have a rematch because it will be on the PPV. I don't care if Cameron and Naomi are splitting. I just saw four women bouncing around. Next week, I will be objective. Moving along with the show....)

Match#8: Cesaro vs. Kofi Kingston 
Winner: Kofi Kingston 
(Why bother having Kofi win when Cesaro is going to beat him like a stepchild? I loved the after match beatdown than the match because it was like who wanted to see Kofi win wanted to see him get the shit beaten out of him. I will say that is very sadistic and evil. I loved it. )

Match#9: El Torito vs. Bo Dallas 
Winner: Bo Dallas 
(All I will comment on is why is WWE trying to make him a star. Bo Dallas is a joke. El Torito is a joke. This match was a joke. I want to call bullshit but it won't help. This was beyond bullshit. Time to end the show because it is getting to the end of this review as well. )

Main Event: John Cena vs. Seth Rollins 
Winner: No Contest
(Why? Really, WWE? No point in commenting on this match because the whole thing is setup for the main event of the PPV. I am just going to end the review because I just think it is sad to see the young guys be used to mask the rematch no one wants to see again: Yawn Cena vs RKO. At least Roman Reigns was there at the end. Time to end the review....)

Final Thoughts: Like I said after WWE Money In The Bank PPV, I only watch to see everyone else but Yawn Cena. I actually changed the channel before the main event started because I knew either Yawn Cena would win or it would not have a winner to begin with. So with that said, this was an ok show for the whole except for the ending with Yawn Cena. Bret Hart was a good thing to see but don't care much for the shit with Damien Sandow. I will just say the PPV for this weekend is looking good but the title match is going to be interesting because we all know that Yawn Cena is going to win then showcase the SummerSlam PPV. So with that said, see you all for TNA Impact....




Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment