7/3/14

TNA Impact Review 7/3/14

Note: Well I will admit that I had to see the spoilers seeing that TNA basically taped shows through August. So that means my reviews of TNA program might be more critical and also rant like. It is going to be interesting to see how TNA can basically promote shows and PPVs without people knowing and also how the storylines can continue without someone getting injured or worse. By the way, most of these matches might not be in order but these are the matches for this show. So let's see how this close to the holiday edition goes. Here is TNA Impact....

Match#1: The Wolves vs. Knux and Crazzy Steve vs. Robbie E. and Zema Ion
Winners: The Wolves
(This was a big clusterfuck. Holy shit, I haven't said that in a long while. Why did I say that? Because this match had too many things going on. One thing was that I was just stunned as to seeing everything in one match. Unlike The Usos in WWE, The Wolves are basically in TNA to help the division. This was not helping. I did not care for the present storyline with Knux and crew. I am waiting for BroMans to go away for good. Not the best way to start the show. )

Match#2: Bobby Roode vs. Kenny King - Street Fight
Winner: Bobby Roode
(This was a weird thing to watch. That's because seeing Bobby Roode as a face is something to witness live. I still think he is only trying to weasel into the title picture. As for Kenny King, he is a X Division guy not a mid carder. I don't want to see him in the mid card or trying to be in the main event. He is not ready. However, this match was weird because it wasn't a match but a fight of sorts. I loved the action but just looked weird to me. )

Match#3: Ethan Carter III vs. Bully Ray - Tables Match
Winner: Ethan Carter III
(So how many more times will we see a tables match with Bully Ray? I am not tired of the match but tired of the people in it. Plus adding Rhyno to come in to help EC3 was good but why? So we got a heel Rhyno but why only him? I mean if Dreamer coming in last week was not heel but Rhyno is. That confused me. This match was typical until Rhyno came in. By the way, I know he changed the spelling of his name but I rather stick to the way I am use to it. )

Match#4: Gail Kim vs. Angelina Love - KO Title Match
Winner: Gail Kim
(This just proves that WWE and TNA watch each other programs. Why? AJ Lee comes back to WWE and wins the Divas Title. So guess what? Gail Kim just happens to win the KO Title on the same week. The only difference is that Gail Kim did not leave to rest. AJ Lee did. Plus in TNA, Gail Kim is better and can do more. AJ Lee is stuck. Main event time....)

Main Event: Bobby Lashley vs. Eric Young - TNA Heavyweight Title Match
Winner: Bobby Lasley
(I was going to go into a long rant about comparing Bobby Lashley vs Yawn Cena as champions but it would make me think I am back in 2007 or 2008. I do like Lashley but it is hard to like someone that is one dimensional. Yawn Cena is the same way but the thing is that his character got stale when WWE went PG. Lashley is getting stale because he will not have any real competition until he faces Samoa Joe. EY is going to be on TV doing his other show and we will see him come back to the X Division. So this match was not boring but just predictable. Time to end the review. )

Final Thoughts: I have said that most times that TNA backstage is better than the matches or the show itself. I think this is one of those shows. I like that Earl Hebner is back as a referee. I have excepted that Angle is only going to be a mouthpiece until he is back to wrestling. Most of TNA is either about who is running it or who is champion. Other than that, it sucks to me because I love the X Division but there is no matches in that division. Hopefully I am wrong in the coming weeks. See you all for WWE Smackdown.




Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment