6/12/14

TNA Impact Review 6/12/14

Note: This is the show before the PPV this weekend. I think TNA is not doing a good job with promoting their PPVs or other programming. This will be an interesting show because if my math is right, there is barely enough on this card to make a good PPV. I might be wrong. Here we go with TNA Impact before TNA Slammaversary...

Match#1: Eric Young vs. Bobby Lashley
Winner: Bobby Lashley
(Watching this match was like watching old school Bobby Lashley in WWE. This was like watching a jobber match. Eric Young is the TNA Champion but was looking like a jobber getting schooled. Bobby Lashley is better as a wrestler but does have some good qualities outside the ring. As long he does not speak, we are good. So EY lost this match but he is not done for tonight. )

Match#2: Robbie E vs Knux
Winner: Knux
(There was a match in all this fucking craziness. I am not a fan of the gimmick Knux have. This was pointless to me. So let's move on to the next match....)

Match#: Eric Young vs. Kenny King
Winner: Eric Young
(Kenny King is a good wrestler but this was more so a better match for EY. This was more so the pace of wrestling for EY. Kenny King was doing his thang but this was EY's match to win. I will also say this was more so an X Division type of match. I just wish we will see an actual X Division match tonight. )

Match#: Brittany vs. Madison Rayne vs. Gail Kim - #1 Contender for the KO Title
Winner: Gail Kim
(I am happy to see my TNA crush get another title show. I really cannot explain why I am in love with Gail Kim except for the fact that she can wrestle and also is the queen of TNA. Brittany is going to be a good wrestler. She should not adopt the Mickie James creepy KO role but if she does, she should pick someone else to obsess about. Great match thanks to Gail Kim and also the interference of The Beautiful People. Main Event Time....)

Winner: Main Event: MVP vs. Eric Young
Winner: Eric Young by DQ
(EY lost the battle but won something at the end. We will see a steel cage title match. Unlike in WWE where we will see someone break in the cage or come under the cage, TNA cage matches are unique in nature. As for this match, well it was leaked out on the internet that MVP is out of the main event for the title but there will be a triple threat match. Also taping shows does fuck up live shows. Time to end the review. )

Final Thoughts: I don't pay for any wrestling PPVs. If I was to pay for TNA Slammaversary, I would want my full refund after seeing the opening match. This show did setup the PPV but like I said, MVP is out of the title match. One thing that kills me is the shitty X Division match at this PPV and the match with the Von Erichs debuting on TNA. Why? No build up. See you all for WWE Smackdown and also TNA Slammaversary PPV...




Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment