6/30/14

WWE Raw Review 6/30/14

Note: After what was suppose to be a good PPV until the end, this is going to be a interesting show. If you don't know, I am not a fan of this version on Yawn Cena. I was a fan but WWE had to change him to appease the kids that watched. Also not a fan of putting over older talent just to make sure people know who to cheer for. Basically, last night's PPV was good but Yawn Cena killed my joy in that. So let's watch WWE Raw and hope something will make me feel better....

Match#1: Seth Rollins vs. Rob Van Dam
Winner: Seth Rollins
(I like this Seth Rollins. I have been getting use to him being the new guy in Evolution/The Authority. His matches are getting better and hopefully he will be a main eventer not a mid carder. As for RVD, well it is sad to say he has not changed. This was a good match to start the show but only because RVD finally got someone in the roster that can make him look good and bad at the same time. I also love that after the match, Ambrose is still making it his business to make Rollins life hell. So far so good. )


Match#2: The Usos and Sheamus vs. The Wyatt Family
Winners: The Wyatt Family
(Can I be totally honest here? As much as I love the Usos, it is time to either drop the titles or go heel. Either way is good for the WWE. Watching this match was like watching guys act like Yawn Cena. Sheamus is still US Champ, why? I think it is sad that a title like that is being misued. This match was ok but then again, Wyatt Family is gaining some steam and hopefully they will have some gold soon. )

Match#3: Nikki Bella vs. Cameron and Naomi - Handicap Match
Winners: Cameron and Naomi
(Do I care that a Bella was beaten? Fuck no! I do hate that the black girls are about to break up. Of course, when they break up a black tag team, one gets fired and the other one sucks. So we will see on who is who. As for this match, I can say it was bearable only because Cameron and Naomi made it watchable. )

Match#4: Cesaro vs. Kofi Kingston
Winner: Kofi Kingston
(Someone told me that sometimes it is better to find fault before making changes. Kofi winning is a change but I cannot answer why. Cesaro is suppose to be the new guy to get a title shot. It is sad that Bad News Barrett lost his title but it makes me wonder why WWE is enforcing this title shit now. I remember as a kid that most of the titles were held for years even without being defended for several PPVs. I guess Vince is tired of people bitching about not seeing title matches. As for this match, this is going to be a good IC title match soon. This was meh....)

Match#4: The Great Khali vs. Damien "McMahondow" Sandow
Winner: The Great Khali
(No comment. Next match, please!!!!!!)

Match#5: Fandango vs. Dolph Ziggler
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
(I don't like Flame-Bore-O but love Ziggler. This kid needs a title shot soon. He is going to be ok. This match proves that Ziggler is going to be a mid carder but also a champion soon. I want to say that seeing Summer Rae make out with Ziggler was good for TV. Also good was seeing Ziggler make the lame gimmick got down. This made up for the above bullshit. )

Match#6: Stardust and Goldust vs. Ryback and Curtis Axel
Winners: Stardust and Goldust
(This was a good match. I have said my peace about Stardust and Goldust. Still think Ryback and Curtis Axel is a joke. Next match, please......)

Match#7: AJ Lee vs. Paige - WWE Divas Title Match
Winner: AJ Lee - New WWE Divas Champion
(This was basically what the fans wanted. Why? Because Paige is good in the ring but cannot speak or make a good promo. Also it is funny that as soon as AJ came out we got the loudest CM Punk chants. I don't believe she is married to him or is pregnant with this kid. However, she is back to give us good matches and a better feud with the Total Divas. She came, she won, she is champion again. Too bad this was not the main event. Time for Yawn Cena...)

Main Event: Roman Reigns and John Cena vs. Kane and Randy Orton
Winners by DQ: John Cena and Roman Reigns
(Well I will admit that the after match bullshit was better than the match. Why? Simply because this was a setup for Seth to cash in the MITB contract. I know I did not mention this during his match but was not thinking. Basically like I said, this was a setup for Seth to get the title. However, Ambrose did what he said he would do. So the ending was better than the match. Only because the young guys made it better. Time to wrap this up.)

Final Thoughts: I will admit that I don't care for the title until Yawn Cena loses at SummerSlam PPV. As for the rest of the show, most of the show was filled with people that came back to make us happy. The Miz is back just to job to Y2J. Then Y2J jobs to Bray Wyatt which was good for the fans. AJ Lee has her title back. That's good. So we will see if CM Punk comes back. Basically, this show helped me forget that Yawn Cena is back to being the asshole I hate. See you all for TNA Impact...




Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment