6/1/14

WWE Payback PPV 6/1/14

Note: Usually, I don't get excited about non PPVs from WWE. I am use to four good PPVs from WWE then I can expect maybe three good shows per month from WWE Raw and WWE Smackdown. So this PPV is basically a recap or a rematch of the previous PPV. Seeing that most of what I just said is right, then let's hope for something different from this PPV. Ladies and gentleman, here is WWE Payback...

Pre-Show/Match#1 - Mask vs. Hair Match: El Torito vs. Hornswoggle
Winner: El Torito
(The only good thing about these matches is that these matches are not going to be on the main PPV. Thank you WWE for that because this is not going to get better but worse. El Torito is a gimmick and Hornswoggle is a character that is way past his usefulness in the WWE. This match was not dumb but it was not good either. So the result will be the same. Next match...)

Match#2 - WWE United States Title Match: Cesaro vs. Sheamus
Winner: Sheamus
(I have tried to ignore the fact that this title is suppose to be specific. The IC title is the WWE's work horse title for jobbers. This title is not even the second version of that. After Dean Ambrose had the title for so long, I was assuming that this title was going to be killed off. I was so wrong. Now that Sheamus is actually defending it, I think it is time to let some of the young talent use it. Basically, it is time to see Zack Ryder or even Adam Rose go for this title. Cesaro is more so a better IC title contender. This match was not boring but it would have been better if Cesaro had made Sheamus a short title holder. Moving on...)

Match#3: Kofi Kingston vs. Bo Dallas
Winner: No Contest
(Kane, thank you so much for making this match short and sweet. Thank you WWE for wasting this match on a PPV. This is a WWE Raw or WWE Smackdown match. Next match please....)

Match#4: Rusev vs. Big E
Winner: Rusev
(Yawn! This is WWF back in the day. The Russian vs. The American. This time, the American is black and The Russian has a sexy ass mouthpiece. My god, all I could see was Lana's nice ass and her sexy strut. This was a boring match but Lana made up for that with a high FAP factor. Moving on....)

Match#5: Cody Rhodes and Goldust vs. Ryback and Curtis Axel
Winner: Ryback and Curtis Axel
(Cody is about to be a heel. Why is this process taking so long to get to it? If this is going to end up being a SummerSlam PPV match, then cool. Please don't wait too long for this payoff because it might backfire. As for this match, well This was not boring or bad but this did make me excited to see tag team wrestling in the WWE. Next match...)

Match#6 - WWE Intercontinental Title Match: Rob Van Dam vs. Bad News Barrett
Winner: Bad News Barrett
(I had BNB winning this because RVD is just there for a check. RVD is a good wrestler but he is just a jobber with a good gimmick and past titles. This was not a good match because the styles are different. Plus when we don't hear RVD speak, it means that this was put together quick. This was RVD's payoff for a quick IC #1 Contender's Tournament. Next match, please...)

Match#7 - Last Man Standing Match: John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt
Winner: John Cena
(I am going to use this as my last time ever commenting on any match with Yawn Cena because basically, he is not going to lose unless it is someone that is more over than he is. This match was good but the ending was so fucking predictable. I feel so fucking sorry for Bray Wyatt because as over as he is, Yawn Cena will bury you. )

Match#8 - WWE Divas Title Match: Alicia Fox vs. Paige
Winner: Paige
(I want to know why when AJ Lee had this title, her matches was not this close to the end but Paige's matches have been closer to the end? Nothing against Paige but there is something funky about this deal. This was not a good match to show off Paige and how good she is. This was basically a WWE Raw match. Alicia Fox is getting more heat but she still cannot wrestle. She can be bat shit crazy. )

Main Event - No Holds Barred Elimination Match: The Shield vs. Evolution
Winners: The Shield
(I think this was a good match with a bunch of bad points in the middle and the end. First of all, why was Batista wearing blue? I know some people will be all over this tonight and forever, but for me this was a point of something odd. Also, why did Evolution fight to lose? This whole match was suppose to be good and the hype was great. This match was like if Triple H said, don't win but fight. I guess the winners were The Shield but the fans were also the winners for this match. Time to end this PPV. )


Final Thoughts: No WWE WHC Title Match! We might had a good main event but what is the fucking point of having a champion but he is out of commision. I like Daniel Bryan but this was pointless to have a PPV without a main title match. I hate that because wrestling is about matches and titles. The Shield and Evolution did steal the show but I would have loved to see a title match. Aside from that, I think tomorrow's WWE Raw show should be interesting. I said my peace though out the show, so see you all for WWE Raw.




Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment