5/19/14

WWE Raw Review 5/19/14

Note: Last week went from so so to just plain aweful. I mean little hype was done to let people know that WWE was going to be in Europe this week. I think it is weird that WWE goes to Europe and have good crowds but when TNA does it, they act like the world loves them. Personally, I think wrestling overseas is a good thing to a point. I feel like it is pointless to cater to the crowd. In the States, it is good to cater to them but overseas it is better to just wrestle and showcase the talent. So here we go with WWE Raw from London, England.


Match#1: Cesaro vs. Sheamus - Non Title Match
Winner: Cesaro
(First of all, this is a rare case of where this title is pointless outside of the States. I know this was a non title match but the thing that really bothers me. As much as I like Sheamus and think he is going to do more with the US Title than Ambrose but the thing is that having the US title is like having toilet paper around your waste. We all know that most of the WCW titles aren't worth shit. As for this match, it was just ok because it was brutal and quick. Sheamus is better as a heel but Cesaro is better without a mouthpiece. Good way to start the show. )

Match#2: Big E vs. Ryback - Beat The Clock Challenge for the #1 Contendership at the IC Title
Winner: Big E - 5 minutes and 2 seconds
(I have an issue with these challenges because of how short these matches are. I hate quick matches unless it is a cruiserweight match. These men barely made this match quick. We all know that Ryback is known for hurting guys even though lately he has not been hurting anyone. As for Big E, well he is the former champion and without the title he is basically back to either jobbing to guys or killing other jobbers. This match was ok but the standard was set too low. )

Match#3: R-Truth and Cameron vs. Layla and Fandango
Winners: No Contest
(I will admit that I changed channels because of Fandango. I might be wrong with who was the female he had with him in this tag team match. Nothing against R-Truth, Cameron or Naomi but it is time for the black people to get new gimmicks. Time to drop the hip hop shit. As for Summer Rae and Layla, that might be more interesting especially since Layla is a better dancer but neither cannot wrestle. )

Match#4: Rusev vs. Heath Slater
Winner: Rusev
(All I cared about or wanted to see was Lana and that sexy body she has. I don't care what was going on in the ring, she was the main attraction. Plus, I did not care that 3MB changed to the Union Jacks or that Rusev could take all three men out in one match. All I could care about is how sexy Lana is. Moving on....)

Match#5: Alberto Del Rio vs. Rob Van Dam - Beat The Clock Challenge for the #1 Contendership at the IC Title
Winner: RVD - 4 minutes and 15 seconds
(So if you though the earlier match was interesting, this was better. I will admit that RVD in the mid card is a joke because he is a main eventer. He is one of a few men that held all the titles in WWE. He is the only WWE/ECW Champion ever. So why is he a mid carder? Because Triple H is in the main event and thinks he is a jobber with a cool gimmick. As for ADR, well we all know he is gone by August. So this is just a goodbye tour for him. This match was good and the bar was set lower because this was an actual match that ended rather quickly. )

Match#6: Seth Rollins vs. Batista
Triple H - Special Ring Announcer
Randy Orton - Special Timekeeper
Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns - Special Commentators
Winner: Seth Rollins by DQ
(This was the match of the night. I will claim that now because it was good regardless of the ending. You had a good match in the ring and a better brawl outside the ring. I love hearing Ambrose and Reigns on commentary because Ambose is the new Piper and Reigns is that damn cool. The ending setoff the brawl and we saw The Shield standing tall.  )

Match#7: Alicia Fox vs. Paige - Non Title Match
Winner: Alicia Fox
(I love Paige but hate Alicia Fox. So I changed the channel. Paige is still champion but Fox is a waste of talent in the ring. NEXT!!!!)

Match#8: Mark Henry vs. Dolph Ziggler - Beat The Clock Challenge for the #1 Contendership at the IC Title
Winner: Clock Ran Out
(This would have been a better match if it ended with a winner. I will admit that anyone facing Mark Henry is not going to make this a quick match. Ziggler might have lost the match but RVD won the challenge. However, Bad News Barrett reminded him that he is the IC Champion. My question is why does the IC Title contenders get matches like this but the US title contenders had to do a battle royal? Time to end the show.  )

Main Event: John Cena vs. Luke Harper
Winner: John Cena by DQ
(SSDD from WWE. No Champion on WWE TV so we get the next best thing. Except this was so bad and boring that I just gave up watching this match. So I already figured that this was going to end bad for Cena. Plus we all know that this is setting up the match with Cena and Wyatt at the PPV. Time to end this review. )


Final Thoughts: So am I getting bored with WWE or is WWE having issues with entertaining fans? I am not a kid so I am not going to use that as an excuse. I am an adult watching this and see that most of the show was good but a couple matches does not make a good show. The crowd did make this more interesting but then again, most of the chants were geared towards showing how bored they were. Well it did not help that this show was taped and most of the results were shared to everyone. What do you expect when you are outside the U.S.? See you all for another taped episode of TNA Impact....





Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment