5/2/14

WWE Smackdown Review 5/2/14

Note: This is the last show before the PPV this weekend. I will admit that this is going to be interesting because most of the matches for the PPV on paper looks bad. I know for the most part these matches for this show will not have much effect for the PPV but I hope for the most part it does try to be entertaining. Here we go with WWE Smackdown...

Match#1: Rob Van Dam vs. Jack Swagger
Winner: Rob Van Dam
(I will admit this was a good match but the thing is that their match with Cesaro this week looks like a last minute thing. I think it is hard for me as a fan to see go wrestlers go through hell just to be in the main event. RVD is a good wrestler with a great gimmick and can be doing more. Swagger is good and shouldn't have a mouthpiece. Moving on...)

Match#2: R-Truth vs. Alexander Rusev
Winner: Alexander Rusev by DQ
(This is hard to watch because it just proves that WWE is finding it hard to match people in storylines and matches. Rusev was a beast in NXT but as he transitions into the main roster, it is not fair to see him go through jobbers. I hope they put him in a real feud with someone soon. )

Match#3: The Wyatt Family vs. The Usos and Sheamus
Winners: The Wyatt Family
(This was a good match but the point of this match was lost on me. I am excited to see Bray Wyatt in the steel cage with Cena so we can get a decent match. This was not a good match but this was filler. So moving on....)

Match#4: Dolph Ziggler vs. Damien Sandow
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
(I feel sorry for Sandow. I don't think it is fair for this man to go through all the shit he has been through just to be a joke. On WWE Raw, it was sad to see him pander to the fans and also start a bad feud with Dolph Ziggler. I mean come on. I am going to move on....)

Match#5: Big E vs. Titus O'Neil
Winner: Big E. by DQ
(As a black man, I enjoyed this too much. This was like watching two guys in the streets fighting for a girl or something stupid. I mean this was a good match but it was a better street fight. Big E is not a punk and neither is Titus. Time to end this show...)

Main Event: Dean Ambrose vs. Ryback vs. Curtis Axel vs. Alberto Del Rio - Fatal 4 Way United States Title Match
Winner: Dean Ambrose
(People wonder why Ambrose has a title that have not been truly defended since forever. It is harder to get people to feud with this title than the IC title. I think it is because WWE still wants people to see that the old WCW titles aren't worth shit except for the WHC title. This was a good match. This is why I think this title needs to be defended more on TV. Ambrose is a good wrestler and needs to make a push for the main event. Time to end this review. )

Final Thoughts: This show did a decent job in making the case to buy the PPV this weekend or watch it on the WWE Network. I still think people who truly love WWE is trying to find reasons still to watch WWE because some weeks it is hard to bear the shit they put on TV. Seeing that this is not the best show, I will just end with this thought - If you had the main event of the show with a lesser title that has not been defended regularly then do you expect people to be excited about watching a PPV where extreme is used but is tame compared what they use to do. See you all for WWE Extreme Rules PPV.




Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment