5/14/12

Dear WWE NXT (May 2012 Edition)


Dear WWE NXT,


It took me a long while to finally gather my thoughts to come up with sentences to write this to you. NXT is something that I wish I could wrap my head around. NXT is part soap opera and part wrestling. My colleague Matt Ward writes about you in his blog but this is my take on NXT. I want to write to you all as a group because there are some things that I wish could be done to make this show more about the wrestling and less about the goofy soap opera element. I think I might have done this already but this is a fresh take after watching and seeing some improvements.

  1. Incentive- Aside from a contract to get on Raw or Smackdown, what else is there to gain from being on NXT? There needs to be a money in the bank event or a tournament to become the NXT champion. There needs to be something to make NXT appealing to the rookies and other guys on NXT.
  2. Appeal- Raw and Smackdown have their own ways to appeal to people to watch the show. Raw is the flagship show. Smackdown is the other show. What is NXT? Make the show more appealing to people.
  3. Roster Adjustments- Like with Raw and Smackdown, there should be a draft to switch some of the people on the show. Regal and Striker should be the GM and Assistant GM of the show but the cast needs a change.
  4. Network- As much as I like to watch NXT on Youtube, it is time to either put the show on a network. I hope with the WWE Network coming soon that will be some room for this show. If not then Syfy has room somewhere for this show.

These are only a few ideals of how to change things on WWE NXT but these are the main things to shoot for to change and make this the rookie show for the WWE. This is where the kids can be grown so to speak.









Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment