5/25/12

TNA Impact Review 5/24/12

Note: This is TNA Open Fight Night. I like the premise of this because it is open fights. No more scripted shit for one night. I hope this picks up and also helps TNA gain some ground with WWE. This should be an interesting night. Here's TNA Impact.............

Opening Segment: Hogan has four guys in the office of TNA Impact Zone. AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy, Bully Ray and Kurt Angle. He wants them to give a reason why they should be in the title match with Bobby Roode. This leads to matches that will get only one person for the title match with Bobby Roode.

Match#1: Gail Kim and Madison Rayne defeated ODB and Eric Young in a non-title match.
(This was fun to watch but they gotta do something about the women tag titles. I like ODB and EY together but not like this. I liked it at first but I later grown weary of their relationship. The tag titles are not it. I did get to see my crush Gail Kim. I keep saying that she is hotter in TNA only because she is wrestling more not being a diva. No comment on Madison Rayne. Not a fan.......)

Match#2: Rob Van Dam pinned Gunner.
(RVD earned his pay tonight. I think this was a dumb match. This was months in the making. Gunner is still a bad ass heel to me. )

Match#3: Devon and Garett Bischoff fought to a no-contest in a TV Title match.
(I am upset that this ended the way it did. I wanted the Bischoff kid to beat Devon and have a title in TNA. Anyone should win this title and force Devon to retire. Last week, I said he shouldn't but I changed my mind. Either put the title on someone else or retire it and Devon. )

Match#4: Austin Aries defeated Joey Ryan to retain the X Division Title.
(I love Austin Aries. This is going to be a good year for him. This was a training match for Ryan. I love the gut check matches because this is what WWE needs to do for NXT. Good match and thank you Austin for the wrestling lesson. )

Bully Ray called out Joseph Park from the stands. Park held a trial by fan reaction and the verdict was guilty. Ray punched him in the stomach and then hit him with his chain. He grabbed the mic and laid down in front of Park and yelled not guilty.
(The only reason why I even mentioned this is because this is setting up a match with Abyss and Bully Ray. I don't like Bully Ray. He needs to retire. He's not a main eventer. TNA must like him. I hate the fucker. I love how Abyss is doing dual roles. This is going to be a good match only because Abyss is back. )

Main Event:  Bobby Roode defeated A.J. Styles to retain the TNA Title.
(This was a good match only because both these men can put on a good match. AJ is the main stay of TNA. Roode is the best heel champ I have seen in years. This was a four star match. I loved this to be the end of the show but continue reading. )

Roode had a party for becoming the longest reigning TNA Champion. After confetti and champagne, Hogan came out. The lights went out and Hogan brought out a special guest: Sting! Sting beat Roode out of the ring.
(I should be happy to see Sting but I am more so pissed. I think it is because I think Sting needs to retire. Not come to WWE but retire for good. Seeing Sting is like seeing Hogan or Bischoff. Let the young guys run the show. Stop calling the old men to save the show. )


Final Thoughts: TNA will be live for the summer. No more spoilers! This is going to be interesting to see guys do things on live TV. All the guys from WWE knows how to do it but all the kids in TNA might goof up. Botchamania will be running wild in the summer. The show was good until the end. Why did they bring Sting back? I guess I will have to wait for the answer plus more stupid things TNA does next week. See you all for WWE Smackdown.




Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment