5/4/12

TNA Impact Review 5/4/12

Note: Here's TNA Impact........

Opening Segment: Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan going back and forth on the mic, teasing a match for down the line.
(This is like watching old WCW or WWF. This was not as bad as I thought. However, this was not a good way to start the show but it made me wish these guys could wrestle. So if Flair is a wrestling god then what is JBL?)

Match#1: Brooke Tessmacher and Velvet Sky defeated TNA Knockouts champion Gail Kim and Madison Rayne.
(This was a decent match to watch. However, it was too stiff for me. Gail Kim was still good but the other ladies looked stiff and slow at times. I will not say this was a bad match but it was better than a WWE diva match this week. Gail Kim is a wrestling goddess. I will be sad if Brooke becomes Knockout champ.)

Match#2: TNA TV champion Devon defeated Robbie T by DQ when Robbie E. interfered.
(Really? I think this made me wish Devon could just drop the title. Why is he wrestling guys half his age? This is not only sad to see but funny as hell to watch. This is almost painful to bear.)

Match#3: Rob Van Dam defeated Jeff Hardy.
(This was like watching old WWE. These guys can wrestle but I think these men are past their prime. This was a good match though but if WWE did this match, it would be for the IC or Light Heavyweight title. These men are title contenders. Love the fast pace as well. Thank you TNA for this match. )

Match#4: AJ Styles & Samoa Joe & Magnus defeated Kurt Angle & Christopher Daniels & Kazarian after a Styles Clash on Kazarian. Angle was upset with his partners. Daniels claims that if Styles doesn't reveal the secret next week, they will.
(Good match. Nice to see some changes. Didn't know Samoa Joe and Magnus were faces. I thought they were heels. This was good to watch. Don't care about this secret bullshit though. )


Main Event: TNA champ Bobby Roode defeated Mr. Anderson in a No DQ match. Hardy got involved and it ended with Roode laying everyone, including RVD who hit the scene to help, out with chairs.
(This was as close to a PPV match as TNA could get. However, this is going to be lame to me now that both RVD and Roode are playing the same character. RVD is cooler but Roode is trying to hard. )




Final Thoughts: This was a decent show but could have been better. I skipped the non wrestling segments in this episode because in TNA only the wrestling matters. I can say that the last two weeks on TNA are getting better but I know if it gets good, then shitty stuff will come back to bite me hard. So good night and see you all for WWE Smackdown. 






Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment