5/11/12

TNA Impact Review 5/10/12

Note: TNA was good last week. I hope it is better this week. I also hope for more wrestling and less talk but that's like asking for summer to come in the winter. So here is TNA Impact...........

Opening Segment:  Bobby Roode comes to the ring and brags about how he will soon be the longest reigning TNA World Champion in history. Rob Van Dam, then Mr. Anderson and then Jeff Hardy all come to the ring and attack Roode. There is also some infighting between Anderson and Hardy as well. Hulk Hogan announces a 4-Way Match tonight with the winner getting something special. If Anderson or Hardy win they take RVD's spot on Sunday. If Roode wins then he chooses his opponent on Sunday. If RVD wins then he gets to pick the stipulation for Sunday's match.
(This was kinda boring because I wish for more fighting and less talking. Again, this is the company that says wrestling matters. So fuck the talking and wrestle! I wish they take a page from the WWE book and just start the show with a match then do the talking. It makes more sense to me that way. )

Match#1: Brooke Tessmacher vs. Velvet Sky
Winner: Brooke T.
(Watching this match does two things to me. As a man, seeing two women bounce around in the ring is a big turn on. As a wrestling fan, seeing two women wrestlers in the ring flipping and fling each other around is something I miss in the WWE. This was an ok match. I guess I could give this a good grade only because the women are hot and they can wrestle. Nice cameo by my TNA crush: Gail Kim. She's hotter in TNA than in WWE. )


Match#2: Matt Morgan vs. Crimson
Winner: Crimson by Count Out
(This was total bullshit. Bully Ray is getting to piss me off. Crimson is going to be second on that list of people that piss me off. Total bullshit. Moving on.)

Match#3: Austin Aries vs.  Zema - X Division Title Match
Winner: Austin Aries
(These guys can put up some good matches. I love this match only because I can't get tired of this. X Division is the best thing in TNA. This is better than seeing Cody Rhodes or Santino defend their WWE titles. These guy do what WWE stop doing. Aerial moves and quick paced matches. I miss this so badly. Like the chants.....This is wrestling!)
Kazarian and Daniels came to the ring and called out AJ to admit his secret. AJ eventually came out but didn't admit anything saying there wasn't anything on him. Daniels and Kazarian then revealed a series of photos one of which was AJ Styles and Dixie Carter kissing. The segment ended with AJ in shock.
(Nothing to do with wrestling. Not going to comment. Don't care if he did make out with her. Moving on. )

Devon vs. Robbie E - TV Title Match
Winner: Devon
(Boring and idiotic. Why is Devon champ? Why is this an important match? Why don't Devon retire with Bully Ray? Moving on. )

Joseph Park comes to the ring and talks about his search for his brother. He calls out Bully Ray who obliges. Park has a few words for Ray but ends up eating a punch ending the segment.
(This should be good only because when Abyss comes back. I think Abyss is like Taker and Kane of the TNA. I miss Abyss. I miss wrestling. Does wrestling matter now?)

Main Event:  Rob Van Dam vs. Bobby Roode vs. Mr. Anderson vs. Jeff Hardy in a Fatal 4-Way Match
Winner: RVD
(This has all the right ingredients to make a TNA clusterfuck. This match was a clusterfuck. No guys were in the ring at the same time. However, we saw three finishers at the same time. Nice to see something good at the end of TNA. Roode is still the man in TNA. )

Final Thoughts: Seeing Abyss at the end just made me want to see next weeks show to see what Abyss does back in TNA. No more little brother looking. This show was saved by the Knockouts and the last match. So I guess the PPV will keep me informed as to what is going to happen. So see you all for WWE Smackdown and also the TNA PPV Sacrifice. 






Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment