5/12/12

WWE Smackdown Review 5/11/12

Note: I hope for great things this week after last week’s so –so effort. I guess I do ask for a lot but it is worth it. Here’s WWE Smackdown………

No Opening Segment!

Match#1: Sheamus and Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho and Alberto Del Rio
Winners: No One
(This will be explained or expanded later in the show. This was fun to see at first because it is time for some hype and drama in the World Heavyweight Title picture. I do liked that RKO is back in the title hunt. Also nice to see ADR gain some popularity or heel heat for the audience.)
Match#2: AJ Lee vs. Kaitlyn
Winner:  AJ Lee
(I hated this match! Why? Why? This was a quick and dumb match to boost a storyline. I hate you WWE for killing the divas division. Good thing DB is still a DB. )

Match#3: Daniel Bryan vs. Big Show
Winner: Daniel Bryan with help from John Laurinaitis
(So so match but Johnny Ace fucked it all up over the fact that Big Show mocked Johnny Ace. Why WWE? Why? This is going to piss me off even more. Johnny Ace is beginning to fuck up WWE TV. Jesus Christ!!!!)

Match#4: Ryback vs.  Heath Slater
Winner: Ryback
(Boring. Moving on to something else.)

Match#5: Antonio Cesaro vs. Alex Riley
Winner: Antonio Cesaro
(Channel changer. I don't care. )

Match#6: Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio
Winner: RKO by DQ
(Thank you WWE for getting back on track here. This was a good match until RR got involved and also when ADR didn't break the hold. This was a good match. This was worth watching. )

R-Truth vs. Jack Swagger
Winner: R-Truth
(This was a good match. Little Jimmy and Kofi with the save. I miss seeing R-Truth actually wrestle. He can go. Swagger and Ziggler can wrestle and work together as well. This was a good match after seeing the previous match.)
Titus O'Neil and Darren Young  vs.  Santino Marella and Zack Ryder
Winner: NXT Boys
(Sad to see the seasoned wrestlers job to the NXT boys but it was for the best. Nothing else to say for this match. )

Brodus Clay vs. Hunico

Winner: Brodus Clay

(Boring match.)

Main Event: Sheamus vs. Chris Jericho
Winner: Sheamus by DQ.
(This was kind of slow to me. I guess because Y2J had to make this good for Sheamus but then again, Sheamus beat DB in seconds. )

Final Thoughts: The ending of the show was better than the beginning. I am happy this ended the way it did. I am glad that WWE ended the week with some simplicity not the usual way to end the show. See you all for WWE Raw and also TNA Sacrifice PPV.







Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment