7/28/12

WWE Smackdown Review 7/27/12


Note: This is the show after WWE Raw 1000. This will either help or hurt Raw 1001. Most of the matches tonight will have an effect on what's to come. I hope WWE can make their shows better. Especially with Raw going 3 hours and also with WWE Smackdown being the step kid. With that said, here's WWE Smackdown.........


Opening Segment: New WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz opens the show but is interrupted by Christian. Christian wants a rematch tonight and gets it.
(I am happy to see The Miz back. I am a fan when he's good but he was getting buried before he left. Christian is not going to get another shot at the world heavyweight title but he should. The Miz needs to get another shot for the WWE Title.)

Match#1: IC Title Match - The Miz vs. Christian
Winner: The Miz
(This was a good match. I like seeing the Miz wrestle and also seeing Christian work. Both these guys are good workers and need title shots. The IC title is going to be popular again. I hope they dont fuse this title with the US title together.)

Match#2: Ryback vs. Jinder Mahal
Winner: Ryback
(So guys are running from Ryback? Really? I guess he does need competition. Let him face Santino and win the US title. Then go after the WHC. If this is a Goldberg clone, let him go down the line of Goldberg.)

Match#3: Sheamus vs. Cody Rhodes
Winner: Sheamus
(There is a huge melee after the match with Y2J, Ziggler, and Sheamus. Seeing this made me glad to see there is life in Smackdown and the WHC title is not a joke. I love to see titles mean something. )

Match#4: Antonio Cesaro vs. Santino Marella
Winner: Antonio Cesaro
(This was a waste of time. I like Santino but this was boring for a match with him. I actually changed channels for a sec because of this match.)

Match#5: Damien Sandow vs. Yoshi Tatsu
Winner: Damien Sandow
(This was a boring match. I did change channels again. I know Triple H might have Pedigree him after the match but I wish I saw it.)

Main Event: Alberto Del Rio vs. Kane vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Rey Mysterio - Fatal 4 Way Match to be #1 Contender for the WHC
Winner: ADR
(No comment. I'm speechless.)

Final Thoughts: Most of the show was good until the end. We all know that ADR is going to be WHC soon. I just remember that RKO is coming back soon. He won't get a title shot right away but ADR will win the title soon. Santino needs to lose the US title. The Miz and Christian stole the show for me. See you all for Raw 1001.




Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment