10/26/12

WWE Smackdown Review 10/26/12

WWE Main Event 10/24/12 

Match#1: Ryback vs.Dolph Ziggler
Winner: Ryback
(This was a warm up for Ryback this weekend. This was like watching a Lion take out a herd of Gazelles. I know that Dolph can sell anything but jesus. This was fun to see. )


Match#2: Alberto Del Rio vs. Sin Cara
Winner: ADR
(We have seen this match over and over again. Nothing new to see in this match.)

WWE Smackdown 10/26/12

Opening Segment: Randy Orton cutting a promo on Alberto Del Rio. Del Rio comes out and they argue. Wade Barrett attacks Orton from behind and escapes. Teddy Long announces Barrett vs. Orton for tonight's main event. 
(This was funny to see because RKO or ADR can't really keep a crowd's attention. Thank you for Barrett for trying to take out RKO. At least we will see a good match on paper.)

Match#1: Kane beat Cody Rhodes
(On paper, this should have been a squash. Seeing this match is justification for what I just said. I know they have to sell the tag team match this weekend but then again, their partners doing commentary is like murder to my ears. I love that Kane won, and that's good for me. )

Match#2: The Miz defeated Yoshi Tatsu
(This was like watching a kid get spanked by his mom. Brutal. I think this was a way to get The Miz back to popularity. I guess this was a flashback to watching old WWF Superstars or WWF Shotgun Saturday Night. I really think this was sad to see.) 

Backstage: Booker T has gathered Eve Torres, Aksana, Layla and Kaitlyn backstage. Aksana says Eve made her attack Kaitlyn. Teddy comes in and chimes in. Booker announces Eve vs. Layla vs. Kaitlyn for Hell In a Cell and Eve & Aksana vs. Layla & Kaitlyn for tonight.
(This was kind of hot to see because all these women look good on TV. I will try to be professional but that will be difficult because Kaitlyn and Layla are sexy as fuck to me. Eve is ok but I wanted to see a match with Layla and Kaitlyn. This should have been done weeks ago. ) 

Match#3: Wade Barrett beat Randy Orton 
(This match would have been better on PPV. This should have restarted the feud between them. People are suppose to forget that these guys brawled and both were on the shelf with injuries. I loved their feud but this match was just sloppy put together. ADR should not have interfered. This was a wasted match. )

Match#4: Aksana and Eve beat Layla and Kaitlyn
(This was basically a setup for the triple threat match at the PPV for the Divas title. I did my best to watch this for their skill but all I kept thinking was that there are hot women on TV. It was a good match until the end because of the set up for the title. We all know that Eve is a bitch. Layla is sexy. Kaitlyn is the future of the Divas.  )

Match#5: Damien Sandow beat Daniel Bryan
(This was a good match to see. I can't wait until the PPV to see Hell No lose the titles. Sandow and Rhodes are made for each other because these guy need each other. I do think this might be a good way to get the tag team titles relevant again. I just don't think Kane and DB will still be a team after the PPV. As for Team Rhodes Scholar, well that would depend on if this is going to be a legit team. )

Main Event: Sheamus, Big Show and Josh Mathews do a face-off in the ring for Hell In a Cell. There are a dozen or so security guards around the ring. They cut promos on each other until Sheamus broke through security and attacked Show. Security got involved but Show and Sheamus cleared the ring. Sheamus went for a Brogue Kick on Show but he escaped the ring and left up the ramp laughing. Sheamus hit a Brogue on one of the guards to end the show.
(This was pointless. This was worse than the shit with Matt Stryker and Team Hell No. I guess this is easier to do than have them fight before the PPV. I hate fake security. I also hate setups before the PPV. )

Final Thoughts: This is usually the last WWE show before the PPV. About 99% of the time, they don't do a lot but setup for the PPV. I guess I miss the days of cliff hanger endings and doing something to really promote the matches for the PPV. Also I hate the pre PPV shit. I am going to stop ranting and hope for the best for the PPV. So I will see you all for WWE Hell In A Cell. 




Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment