10/29/12

WWE Raw Review 10/29/12

Note: After the shitty PPV, I hope tonight's show is better. I want to see something change for the Survivor Series. I also know that this show needs to be the setup for change. I guess I am asking a lot but then again, I could book a better WWE without the PG bullshit. With that said, let's see WWE Raw.......

Opening Segment: CM Punk is still champion. He's out in the ring with Paul Heyman and he's telling the fans that he prove them all wrong. He was shocked by the ref in the main event last night. He did not have anything to do with this ref. Mick Foley comes out to talk to CM Punk. They setup a traditional match for Survivor Series match with Team Foley vs. Team Punk. Ryback comes out and Punk and Heyman run for the hills. 
(I guess this was a good way to start the show. Seeing Foley come out was like seeing a good wrestler come to take on the heel champ. Ryback coming out was great because he did not lose this thunder from last night. I just remember something, didn't The Rock have a match with the WWE title holder at Survivor Series. So isn't that going to happen or is the Rock busy with a movie.)

Match#1: Ryback vs. JTG
Winner:  Ryback
(I guess this will help Ryback get some popularity back with the fans. This was kind of sad to see because it is like a lion about to tear into a gazelle. I would say this is not a good match to see begin the show but with Ryback, he is better to start the show then some jobbers.)

Match#2: Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett
Winner: Randy Orton
(This was a physical match. I am glad that this was a good match. I just like how they remembered that these guys been fighting since early 2012. This would have been a better match for later in the show but then again WWE likes to waste the third hour with bullshit.)

Match#3: Daniel Bryan and Kane vs. Prime Time Players
Winners: Team Hell No (Kane and Daniel Bryan)
(This was a funny match to see. I guess PTP was going to get a title shot. This was not a title match. I guess we will see more of Team Hell No for a while because of the popularity of this make shift team. I love that these guys cannot get along but we will have them as champs at least for a little while longer. PTP is back to being jobbers. Also, this wearing pink for breast cancer is getting annoying. I think this is a ploy for WWE to shift away from their real fans.)

In Ring Segment: John Cena and Vickie Guerrero are in the ring. They show the clips of John Cena and AJ Lee before this dinner. Then they show a pic of AJ Lee and Cena at dinner. They also show a video of them at a hotel lobby. More bickering then Dolph Ziggler comes out and we get a little fight. Cena leave the ring after he pushes Ziggler. 
(This was so fucking weak. This was nothing more than soap opera drama. Moving on.......)


Match#4: Kofi Kingston vs. Antonio Cesaro - Champ vs. Champ
Winner: Kofi Kingston by DQ
(This would have been a good match. I wanted to see a good match. The Miz fucked that up. R-Truth coming in for the save was not bad but this match was a waste. I wanted to say more but then again less is better than cussing.)

Match#5: Zack Ryder and Santino Marella vs. 3MB (Jinder Mahal and Heath Slater)
Winners: 3MB
(WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Why am I watching three jobber become a team? Why are Santino and Zak still a team? Please excuse me while I go to the side and scream my heart out.)

Match#6: AJ Lee vs. Beth Phoenix
Winner: AJ Lee 1st time. 
Winner: Beth Phoenix 2nd time.
(I am glad to see AJ back in wresting. I also am confused with Beth being on Raw. This was a match set up by Vickie Guerrero. This was funny to watch because AJ went crazy on Beth but we all know that Beth is a beast. The ending was shocking because AJ Lee wasn't not suppose to win. Vickie comes out to restart the match. Beth won. )

Match#7: Sin Cara and Rey Mysterio vs. Team Rhodes Scholars
Winners: Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandown
(This was the longest tag team match ever. This match lasted close to 20 minutes. I am glad that this match over. I would like to say good things about this match but I don't like the team of Rey and Sin Cara. The other team are going to be tag champs soon. This was not a good match for me but for the masses, it was the bomb.)

Match#8: Alberto Del Rio vs. Justin Gabriel
Winner: ADR
(What the fuck! Why is this on at the end? What the fuck? You wasted time for the breast cancer bullshit but now you going to waste my time on this short and quick match. This is fucking bullshit.)

Main Event: CM Punk and Mick Foley names their teams for Survivor Series. Team Foley will have Ryback, Team Hell No, Randy Orton and Kofi Kingston. Team Punk is Alberto Del Rio, Team Rhodes Scholars, The Miz, and CM Punk. Fight ensues and Ryback clears the ring. Show ends........
(No comment. Read the final thoughts......)

Final Thoughts: So I keep asking myself why I am doing this. I have been doing this as a fan for over 30 yrs but as a blogger for less than a year. I am trying to understand the WWE mindset of producing a show in a PG Era. As I watch this show, I am looking for something good to speak of. I see some matches but little changes. Also, I am so fucking glad that this month is over with the pink power on WWE TV. As for this episode, this was not the show I hoped for. Also why did they fire Beth rather than let her just go off on a high note? Also why are there a lot of tag team matches? Cena is not wrestling but he's now doing soap opera work. AJ Lee is back wrestling but she got jobbed. Basically the ending was a setup for Survivor Series main event. Good night because this was a shitty show. 



Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment