3/20/12

WWE Raw Review 3/19/12

Note: After watching TNA PPV last night, I desperately hope this WWE Raw is not going to piss me off or upset me. I also hope that we get some good matches but that's asking alot because I know WWE is making these matches shorter. So here's WWE Raw.....

Opening Segment: CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho (War of Words)
(Rather to talk about what's said, I rather make this about the hype attempted for this match for WM 28. Y2J is really trying to pull out the heel heat for this match going from degrading the father to the sister of Punk. I basically changed the channel because this was my reason for being pissed at WWE Raw last week. So I do commended CM Punk for his accomplishments, I hate that Y2J is going to new lows.)

Match#1: Kane vs. Big Show
Winner: Kane with an assist from Cody Rhodes
(If Y2J is trying to piss me off as a fan, Cody Rhodes needs to get the shit beat out of him for handcuffing Big Show after the match and punching him silly. Why? You need that much heat on a secondary title because of the lack of accomplishments of Big Show. With that said, I think this was my second time tonight wanting to stop watching WWE Raw.)

Match#2: David Otunga vs. Santino Marella
Winner: David Otunga
(This was a match to showcase the leaders of Team Johnny and Team Teddy. I wanted to cry because this was a idiotic match. The only good thing was Teddy Long pimp slapping Johnny Ace. He's a true pimp!)

Match#3: Daniel Bryan vs. Zack Ryder
Winner: Daniel Bryan
(This was my second time that I wanted to cry. Not only was this a short match but this was not a great way for Zack Ryder to be returning to WWE Raw. Daniel Bryan is slowly losing me as a fan and wish RKO was WHC again.)

Match#4: John Cena vs. Mark Henry
Winner: John Cena
(Short match. I don't know why. This was a short match. The Rock came down and one upped Cena by giving Mark Henry a thunderous Rock Bottom. Too much hype for this match and most fans don't want to see this match if it ends quick or shitty. )

Match#5: Sheamus vs. The Miz
Winner: Sheamus
(Another quick match! No real hype! This was to help The Miz get into a match for Team Johnny at WM 28. Sheamus is just getting better before WM 28. I think we need to make Sheamus more human and less like Cena. Could have lasted at least 10 minutes. )

Match#6: Dolph (Mr. Pink) Ziggler and Jack (Plain Vanilla) Swagger vs. R Truth and Kofi Kinston
Winner: Dolph and Jack
(Dolph and Jack were good but I wanted this match to last longer than 5 minutes. All of these men in this match have mad skills but in the WWE, you are limited to the rules of Steph and Vince. This was a filler match for the most part. Only good thing was Vickie and Aksana getting into a fight after the match. That was a good thing.)

Closing Segment: Triple H/HBK/ Undertaker speaks.
(This was classic for all three. HBK was good in the opening. Undertaker was good as he was trying to make this a great match for WM 28. Triple H came down in street clothes not a suit. All three will make this a good match to watch. So much is riding on this match. End of someone era in the WWE. )

Final Thoughts: Most of this WWE Raw was spent trying to get hype for Wrestlemania 28. Every match in the PPV was represented. However, most of the things done were in bad taste. Expecially the shit with Y2J and Punk. Basically, this was not a great show but it did have some moments. I hate to say this but this week is not off to a good start. I hope TNA is better this week. Until then, let's hope TNA get some new blood.






Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment