3/17/12

WWE Smackdown Review 3/16/12

Note: After the utter disgust for WWE Raw, I hope Smackdown is better than Raw. I also hope they hurry the fuck up with naming the people in the 6 on 6 tag match at WM 28. I also want them to stop hyping up the Cena/Rock match. So he's WWE Smackdown and hope for the best.

SmackDown opens with the returning Christian for his Peep Show segment. His guests are Teddy Long and John Laurinaitis, who came out with David Otunga. Christian wants Long and Laurinaitis to convince him to be on their teams. Christian joins Team Laurinaitis after Ace promises him a title shot if Team Laurinaitis is victorious at WrestleMania. Teddy goes to book Christian in a match tonight but Laurinaitis doesn't approve.
(This started Smackdown. What upset me is the fact that they are going to be pushing this shit until WM 28. I am sorry but they need to name the guys and be done. Also Christian was funny because we all knew he was going to join Team Ace. Basically Johnny Ace can and will override anything Teddy Long wants because he hires and fires the talent. So what's the point of this match?)

Kofi Kingston beat David Otunga
(This would have been Kofi vs. Christian but Johnny Ace pulled some bullshit about Christian had a hang nail and was not medically cleared. WTF! So we got this match. Also Otunga wrestled in dress slacks and took his shirt off. Again, WTF! I would have rather saw Sheamus to start the match. Kofi wins and the heels are in shock.)

AJ Lee with Daniel Bryan at ringside defeated Brie Bella.
(AJ is a hottie. I finally got to see her wrestle on Smackdown not on NXT. The Bellas are ok to me but not to watch them in the ring. Almost like watching an Alicia Fox match. This was not for a wrestling fan but more for the men who needs to see some T and A action. )


Cody Rhodes defeated The Great Khali.
(This was something I wished I did not have to watch but I did. I wanted to go to sleep. Thank god for Booker T. and his insane commentary. Botchamania does have a reason to make a segment about him. This match was a waste of time. Cody is ok but he needs a real challenge.)



(The reason for this match was kind of weak. This was before Kane went back to his mask. He was a pussy last summer but now he's super evil. Randy Orton must have read something I wrote because he said I embrace hate. I might be popular. RKO is crazy.)


Big Show squashed Drew McIntyre.
(Big Show popped him like a pimple. WMD is like the new killer move. I have said that Big Show is using this move like a bad habit. Poor Drew was happy to be back to work but got popped for his troubles. I just watched this to see how bad did Drew get hit or how they made it look.)

Mark Henry beat Yoshi Tatsu.
(I love squash matches. This was like watching bad theatre. Poor Yoshi was the jobber. Mark Henry basically did not break a sweat.)


(I am going to not comment on this because this is going to piss me off. Why Y2J?)

Chris Jericho comes out and talks some more about CM Punk's father being a drunk. Jericho goes on about how he is the best in the world and Punk is just a wannabe. Jericho tries to get the crowd to chant "CM Drunk" to no avail.
Chris Jericho defeated Sheamus by count out after Daniel Bryan came down and attacked Sheamus while he was out on the floor.
(You mean to tell me you wasted a good match for some bullshit and some dumb shit? Really WWE! This was a good match but I was pissed because DB had to be a DB. This was the main event but had to ruined by DB. What the hell is going on with WWE? )


Final Thoughts: So WWE Raw upset me to the point of disgust. TNA calmed me down. So did WWE Smackdown do anything for me? Well until the ending, I forgot about WWE Raw. Y2J is trying to get the wrong heat for the match with CM Punk. Team Ace and Team Teddy is going to piss me off because it is going to be guys that are not in the main event for WM28. I am going to end up going apeshit before WM28. I think starting next week, I might have to stop being nice and be brutally honest with what I see. See you all next week.



Gene The Grappler
Randy Orton comes out and calls Kane out. Kane comes to the stage and shows a video of them wrestling and shaking hands last year. Kane says that made him sick and weak. Closure will come at WrestleMania. Orton calls Kane to the ring but he won't come. The match is official for WrestleMania.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great review, its great to read an opinion of the show instead of another recap. I missed Fridays airing, but a coworker here at DISH told me that I could find it in the free section of DISHOnline.com. After watching the entire episode I started to question why I still watch at all. I was not thrilled this week by Raw or Smackdown. I know they are called “Captain Charisma” and “Mr. Excitement” but I couldn’t think of 2 people that could possibly offer a worse opening then those 2. I would have changed the channel for a few minutes if I hadn’t been watching online. Christian plays an ok heel, but Laurinaitus has no personality, good or bad. We have 2 matches right off the bat that include outside interference. Then we have 3 squash matches. (We all know Khali goes down anytime a super star faces him, he only beats jobbers) The main event featured 2 great wrestlers who actually put on a pretty good match until more outside interference caused a very anticlimactic count out. I’m with you Gene, the build up to WrestleMania is getting to the point where no match could possibly live up to the hype.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hunter for giving me a boost. I hope you keep reading. I don't do recaps but my opinion only. Even on a bad day.

      Delete