8/27/12

WWE Raw Review 8/27/12


Note: After getting the best gift of seeing last week's WWE Raw on my birthday, I hope this is a better show. No Brock or Paul Heyman! This should be an interesting show. Here's WWE Raw...........

Opening Segment: CM Punk and Jerry Lawler confrontation
(Ok, I like this confrontation only because I am tired of seeing CM Punk being pushed back because of Triple H, Cena, Rock and Brock. Lawler did jump the gun assuming that CM Punk turned against the WWE universe. I wanted to see this because I do think Lawler and Cole tend to fuck up facts. Also glad to see a real match with Lawler.)


Match#1: Ryback vs. Jack Swagger
Winner: Ryback
(This was a decent match to start the show. I love seeing good matches for WWE Raw. I think Swagger is going to change his gimmick. I hope we see Ryback get a title match with Cesaro or The Miz soon.)

Match#2: Layla vs. Natalia
Winner:Layla
(Who cares? The womens division is dead. All it is now is models and wannabes. This was sad to watch and even sadder to see this shit on TV. It is sad that women like Trish and Lita made it a good division but it went to shit now.)

Match#3: John Cena vs. The Miz
Winner: John Cena
(This was a good match like three years ago. The Miz has been stuck in mid card hell and this was a warm up match for Cena. This was a good match regardless but poor Miz and Cena still sucks.)

Match#4: Santino Marella vs. Heath Slater
Winner: Santino Marella
(Ugh......Santino won but now we got an issue with him and the sock. WTF? Also who cares about Slater? Put him in NXT or even the kiddie show so he can be a true jobber.)

Match#5: Sin Cara and Brodus Clay vs. Damien Sandown and Cody Rhodes
Winners: Sin Cara and Brodus Clay
(This was a clusterfuck. I have not see one in a long while. I will summarize this match like this: Ugh! It is bad enough that Sin Cara was in this match but teaming up Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow was like teaming up two prissy cats. This was a shitty match. No botches but a lot of dumb issues. )

Match#6: R-Truth vs. Daniel Bryan
Winner: R-Truth
(The segments with DB and Kane going into anger management is classic. This was a good match. I love seeing R-Truth use Little Jimmy. Also love the DB angle as well. I sense a Charlie Sheen cameo soon. )

Match#7: Sheamus and Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler
Winners:Sheamus and Randy Orton
(This was a match that was wasted on me. I know this was a good match but didn't care because of the fact that RKO is going to be WHC soon. Only after ADR gets his title run which is going to be short. Ziggler will not cash in his MITB contract until Survivor Series. )

Match#8: Zack Ryder vs. David Otunga
Winner: Zack Ryder
(This was a good moment for Ryder. He won on WWE Raw and will have an assist to Kane for taking out Otunga. This was a so so match. We all know that Ryder is going to make a deal of this because he can.)

Main Event: CM Punk vs. Jerry Lawler
Winner: CM Punk
(This was a so so match. This was only put together to gear up for Cena and Punk in a match. This was not a good night for Lawler. On the other hand, Lawler was looking good until the end. This was not a good way to end the show but then again, I am upset because of the lack of respect Punk is getting and the fact that Cena is going to take the title away from Punk. )

Final Thoughts: This was not the best show. I hated that Triple H did not say he was done but he will be done soon. Most of the show was a joke. I really think this was a shitty excuse of entertainment. I don't know what else to say because I am stunned by this show. Good night and see you all for TNA Impact.







Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment