12/14/12

Happy 200th Post To Gene The Grappler


Dear Gene The Grappler Fans and Friends of Gene The Grappler:


This is my 200th post to the Gene The Grappler Blog Series. Technically, I am ten short of 200 blogs because there are ten blogs with just a video but like the Rock says: It doesn't matter!!!!! So as we get to not only the end of the year but we approach the 1st anniversary of Gene The Grappler. Originally, I was going to say something classy and dignified. Then again, I write about wrestling shows, so I might have to be crass and blunt. I started this blog series after posting comments in various facebook wrestling groups. I wanted to speak my mind without being made fun of or mocked. I don't hide my identity. I don't hide my distaste for the bullshit that is WWE and TNA. I know about ROH and other indy wrestling promotions. I also want to remember the good, the bad and the shitty of WCW and ECW. I still remember my first wrestling match. I remember watching wrestling with my cousins. I remember seeing Hogan wrestle live. I remember meeting Big Show while he was in Detroit. Aside from my local sports teams, wrestling is like my fifth best thing. However, unlike Dolph Ziggler, I can do more for wrestling as a fan than anything else.

As I reflect on all the matches I have seen from WWF, WCW, ECW, TNA, NWA, SMW, and other wrestling promotion, I think wrestling as a whole is changing. I saw the best and the worst from WWE to crappy and mediocre of TNA. Unlike most of my local sports teams, I have seen many championships come and go. From the many reigns of Ric Flair to the short reigns of Big Show. I have seen guys that deserve titles and guys that should not even be called champ. I think as a fan, we should let wrestling promoters and promotions know who should get a push and who should be in mid card hell.

Finally, as I gear up for what's to come in wrestling, I want to remember the good things because it is easier to deal with the good aspects than the bullshit that people thinks it is good. I use the term wrestling because sports entertainment is bullshit. Football players can be considered sports entertainers. I see guys like CM Punk, Big Show, Austin Aries, and even now Bully Ray as wrestlers. Nothing more or less. Happy 200th post to Gene The Grappler. Let the bullshit pile up and hope to see 200 more post.









Eugene Chandler III aka Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment