1/30/14

TNA Impact Review 1/30/14

Note: When TNA had two weeks of a PPV like TV show, I will admit that the second part of it was better than the first. Now we got that out of the way, it is time go see shows from England. This should be fun for Magnus because he is british. So this will fill the void while TNA either sinks or swims to be relevant. Hopefully this would be better than WWE going back to the past to make people see what is about to happen. So time for TNA Impact from Scotland.

Match#1: Madison Rayne and Velvet Sky vs. Gail Kim and Lei'd Tapa
Winners: Madison Rayne and Velvet Sky
(I will admit this was a good way to start the show. I got to see my Gail Kim but she seems naked without the title. Lei'd Tapa seems useless in this match. I have said many times that I don't think Madison Rayne and Velvet Sky couldn't wrestle. However, this was the perfect FAP match. Moving on...)

Match#2: James Storm and Gunner vs. Kaz and Daniels
Winners: James Storm and Gunner
(I will admit that all the drama prior to this match was needed and necessary. I think it was good to see Storm and Gunner bury the hatchet. I loved that Kaz and Daniels tried to cause drama in this tense moment. Seeing this match was good for me as a fan because this was a classic tag team match. Even though Gunner and Storm are not together it is nice to see this team move on and forward. As for Kaz and Daniels, they can't do no wrong but they can be the best heel team in TNA. )

Match#3: Abyss and Eric Young vs. BroMans - TNA Tag Team Title Match
Winners: No Contest
(I wasn't surprised to see this ending because this was not about the tag titles but to finally end the storyline with Abyss/Joseph Park and Eric Young. Hearing that next week they will have a Monster's Ball match next week is good because unlike WWE, TNA will go hardcore. Other than that, it was worth it to see Abyss take out everyone in the ring. )

Main Event: Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle vs. Ethan Carter III and Magnus
Winner: Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle
(I am glad this match happened. I wanted to see Samoa Joe do what he does best. I wanted to see Angle do what he does best. I will admit that seeing Magnus as champion is good for TNA and good for the fans. At least he is going to be the best heel in the company right now. This was going to be better than seeing the sendoff for Sting and AJ Styles. This was an actual match that had a clean winner. I think it has to do with the new TNA investor who ended up being former WWE star MVP. Also seeing the American Wolves as his bodyguards was nice. Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards are the future of TNA. Same with MVP. As for this match, Samoa Joe is going to kill Magnus. He made him tap. Thank you TNA for this ending and the best reveal of 2014. )

Final Thoughts: For this to be a two hour show this had less matches that watching WWE Raw and that's three hours long. I think TNA does do better shows outside the U.S. It seems like all the shows in England, Scotland and other UK places are going to be better because they tend to do more for those fans. I think it is sad that this was short as hell but the end paid off. MVP is in TNA. That just made me take back my earlier predictions of TNA going away this year. Also we got the American Wolves as the new tag team to beat. So I hope this leads to something good. Especially since MVP is better than having Sting or AJ Styles around for now. See you all for WWE Smackdown...











Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment