1/24/14

WWE Smackdown Review 1/24/14

Note: I know I say this a lot but it is the end of the wrestling week. When it comes to WWE Smackdown, it is like waiting for either a good way to end the week of wrestling or it leaves a bad taste in your mouth all weekend. People need to understand that WWE is trying to entertain people but I want action. My thing was back in the day to see Smackdown outdo Raw. However, it is a rare thing to see Smackdown actually be a separate show. So let's dig into this show and hope for a separate show even though we will get a Raw review every hour. Time for WWE Smackdown...

Match#1: Big Show and Rey Mysterio vs. Real Americans (Antonio Cesaro and Jack Swagger)
Winner: Big Show and Rey Mysterio
(I will admit that this was not the best match to start the show. I mean basically, Big Show could have ended this match with one punch. Also it was sad to see Rey being wasted in this match. At least he ended the match. Sorry but this was pointless except for seeing Paul Heyman try to punk Big Show. Moving on...)

Match#2: The Miz vs. Brodus Clay
Winner: The Miz
(I could not help but laugh my ass off in this match. Why? It is because Wade Barett was doing his bad news gimmick and was basically saying what I could say about this match. Thank you Miz for making this a quick match. Wade Barett just made me laugh my ass off. Moving on...)

Match#3: Ryback and Curtis Axel vs. Los Matadores
Winners: Ryback and Curtis Axel
(Channel changer....I just changed channels. This was just sad. Moving on...)

Match#4: Erick Rowan and Luke Harper vs. Prime Time Players
Winners: Erick Rowan and Luke Harper
(So this was a weird match to watch. I get the point of this was to setup the match with Daniel Bryan and Bray Wyatt. Other than that, this was so quick that I could not get comfortable. Also just realizing that this show is incredibly quick. More commercials than actions. I was happy to see Daniel Bryan but he wasn't wrestling. What the fuck?)

Match#5: Kofi Kingston vs. Fandango
Winner: Kofi Kingston
(I actually watch this match. This was so boring to me that I spend the time playing Tetris. Kofi is not entertaining anymore. I hate Fandango. So this was like watching PBS with all the interruptions about donations. Time for the main event.)

Main Event: The Shield and New Age Outlaws vs. The Usos, Cody Rhodes, Goldust and Big E. Langston
Winners: The Usos, Cody Rhodes, Goldust and Big E. Langston by DQ
(Usually, matches like these would be considered in my opinion as a clusterfuck. I mean any match larger than 3 on 3 is basically a clusterfuck. This wasn't really a clusterfuck. You have old and new. You have good and bad. This had all mid card titles in this match. I will admit that I marked out to New Age Outlaws because they still could be relevant in the WWE. Also just note that this could have been better with a winner. However, the ending was good enough to end this quick show. )

Final Thoughts: This was a short Smackdown in my opinion. I mean there was more shit from WWE Raw and commercials. I feel like this show is nothing more than the end of the week review. I mean if I have to watch WWE Main Event just to see some actions, I won't. I don't understand how WWE will have a network of new and old content. I mean WWE on Demand was basically the way to get old shows and PPVs. This was just a shitty show. No Daniel Bryan in action! No CM Punk in action! Repeating the shit from WWE Raw isn't content. See you all for WWE Royal Rumble. At least that will have lots of content.








Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment