1/20/14

WWE Raw Review 1/20/14

Note: I will admit that it is hard to keep up with WWE and TNA PPVs. Actually, TNA have PPVs on TV so that's not hard but WWE PPVs are hard to keep track of. So as I was on the internet, someone had the nerve to assume that Royal Rumble was this past Sunday. It wasn't. So as I get ready to watch WWE Raw, I am thinking about what WWE can do to make me by this PPV. So let's hope WWE don't screw the pooch with this show. Here's WWE Raw...

Match#1: The Shield vs. Cody Rhodes, Goldust and Big E. Langston
Winners: The Shield
(This was the best opening of WWE Raw. You had basically all the mid card titles in one ring. I find it odd that Big E. has defended the IC title but Seth hasn't defended that title in months. Also it was odd to hear that all the mid card title holders will be in the Royal Rumble match. Even though Cody and Goldust will defend the titles in the pre show, they will be in the main event itself. As for this match, this had everything and more. What's sad is that this had the makings for a cool feud. Especially with the fact that since the main event titles merged, the IC and US titles could merge. Goldust is still good at what he does. I am so happy to see something good to start the show. )

Match#2: Fandango vs. Xavier Woods
Winner: Fandango
(This match was so fucking quick that I barely had time to change the channel. I actually wasn't going to change channels but when I saw the end, I was like damn. So you jobbed Xavier Woods that quick? Also you going to give Fandango a second chance at a mid card title? Moving on...)

Match#3: CM Punk vs. Billy Gunn
Winner: CM Punk
(Old school and new school was in this match. This was more so a dream match for me. I think Billy Gunn is a better singles wrestle than a tag team wrestler. Billy Gunn could have been IC champion years ago. He isn't back to be in the main event, he's back because he is also a trainer in WWE. CM Punk did get schooled by both Gunn and Road Dogg. This was like if these guys came back in time to help the tag team division and also remind people they aren't suppose to be liked. Regardless of the storyline for CM Punk right now, New Age Outlaws are still the best team of the attitude era. )

Match#4: Alberto Del Rio vs. Rey Mysterio
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
(The only reason why I watch this match was to see Batista come out and take out ADR. Other than that this was five minutes too long and thank god we got to see a better confrontation than the actual match. Moving on...)

Match#5: AJ Lee and Tamina Snuka vs. Cameron and Naomi
Winners: Cameron and Naomi
(Botchamania should have seen the botches this match had. This just proves that Cameron and Naomi aren't wrestlers. I felt sorry for AJ Lee and Tamina who actually train and can do some good moves. By the way, I love that AJ Lee is the all time divas champion for amount of time. I don't care how long she had that shitty title. I am old school, so I wish she had the classic women's title. Plus I am thanking god AJ Lee wasn't in the divas reality show. She is a wrestler not an attention whore. This match sucked... )

Match#6: The Usos vs. Erick Rowan and Luke Harper
Winners: The Usos
(This is just an instant classic. Why? Because both teams haven't put on a bad match but there have been some goofs in the match. This was another match where I watched for the run in rather than the match. Even though this was a good match but seeing Daniel Bryan take out Bray Wyatt was better. Time for the main event....)

Main Event: Randy Orton vs. Kofi Kingston
Winner: No Contest

After The Main Event: John Cena and Randy Orton confront each other.
(Yawn! Same shit, different decade. I know the match was suppose to be Kofi and RKO but we all know that either RKO would have killed Kofi or RKO would have caused a DQ finish. So the main focus was Cena and RKO. That's why I yawned. Basically we got the same shit from these men. So with that said, let's wrap this up...)

Final Thoughts: I am of the theory that a wrestling show has to be consistant from beginning to end. I am from the old school of having a good show from start to end. This was a so so show with an ending that made me think I went back to 2004 or later. I think WWE is truly scared to let guys like CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, or anyone else be the main event of WWE. Basically, this show reminded us that what was good in 2004 is good again. I love seeing Big Show and Brock Lesnar but realistically this would be better if this was given a fresh start. ADR and Batista is a fresh start but this reminds me of how he was with Eddie Guerrero. I think WWE is rehashing their old stars assuming that the kids don't know who they are. I will admit seeing Batista and Brock Lesnar was good but we are about to enter this time of year wear guys who are part time shine and the others get fucked over. With the WWE network coming before Wrestlemania, I feel it is time to get as much Youtube views of the past as I can. See you all for Part Two of TNA Genesis PPV on TV.







Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment