1/13/14

WWE Raw Review 1/13/14

Note: Well it is fitting that we start the week of wrestling with WWE Raw. I think after last week's WWE Raw that we are not going to get another awesome and epic show. Most of the luster from WWE occured last week. With WWE having a network starting next month, these reviews might be different. Also I feel that WWE could finally become more edgier but you have to pay to see it. For now, let's hope I am wrong with seeing WWE Raw this week. Here's WWE Raw...

Match#1: The Usos vs. Bray Wyatt and Daniel Bryan
Winners: The Usos by DQ.
(I was happy to see this match but was upset with the ending. I was happy to see that Daniel Bryan was trying to become a member of The Wyatt Family. I was also happy to see that Bray Wyatt try to make his family stronger. I just was upset that Harper and Rowan got involved. Hopefully we will see this match again. )

Match#2: Damien Sandow vs. John Cena
Winner: John Cena
(Damn, this was so 2013. This was so much a pointless match. Also a pointless way to make Cena look good before the PPV. Also Damien Sandown was really trying to beat him. My god, Cena does kick out at two. Moving on...)

Match#3: Big Show vs. Jack Swagger
Winner: Big Show
(I changed the channel because this was like watching a lion take down a fast gazelle. Big Show is going to face Brock Lesnar. Remember 2004 when they broke the ring. Old school matches does make for new school theories. Moving on...)

Match#4: The Shield vs. CM Punk and New Age Outlaws
Winners: The Shield
(This was a good match. The Shield and CM Punk doesn't put on bad matches. This storyline has been interesting but at the same time putting CM Punk out of the title hunt. The fact that the New Age Outlaws were added in this was great for old school fans. So here is what confused me in this match - why did New Age Outlaws leave CM Punk in the lurch? Simple, DX is under the Authority. Simple as can be...)

Match#5: Naomi and Cameron vs. AJ Lee and Tamina
Winners: AJ Lee and Tamina
(I really think it is fitting that the real woman in this match was the ones that can wrestle. I really think it is sad that AJ Lee is basically second fiddle to all the models in WWE. So what the fuck is wrong with having a champion be on the reality show? Simple, AJ Lee is a real woman and doesn't need or want people in her life. Also Tamina is a real wrestler but is relegated to being the heavy to AJ Lee and the title. I don't care much for Cameron and Naomi because they represent WWE's attempt to erase their Divas division. )

Match#6: Randy Orton vs. Kofi Kingston
Winner: Kofi Kingston
(This match is basically a what the fuck is going on match. So you mean to tell me that because RKO was pissed with Triple H and Stephanie McMahon that he could not beat the Cena mid carder. This was so bad that I cannot even pseak about it. Moving on...)

Match#7: Cody Rhodes and Goldust vs. Ryback and Curtis Axel
Winners: Cody Rhodes and Goldust
(This was a textbook match to watch for all tag teams. This was basically a good match with a good ending. I actually don't have much to say because I loved this match so much that I just wished to see more good matches. Moving on...)

Match#8: Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
(I will admit that I changed channels so fucking quick because if I saw Sin Cara vs. ADR too many times, then why would I see this over and over again. Moving on to the main event rematch...)

Main Event: The Usos vs. Bray Wyatt and Daniel Bryan
Winners: The Usos
(The Usos are a good tag team. So before I dig into this match, let that be said now. These guys might not have had the titles yet but these guys can make the tag teams in WWE look good. I wish they have more matches that ended better than this. Now I got that out the way, let's talk about the what occured after this match. So what was the purpose to have Daniel Bryan give into Bray Wyatt? I was shocked to see Daniel Bryan become a slave to Bray Wyatt. However, the swerve in this was like a backwards 180. So basically, this whole experiment was a failure? I will say so because people still cheered for Daniel Bryan. Time to end this review. )


Final Thoughts: I am not an expert in wrestling storylines but I am an expert in being a real fan of wrestling. So you mean to tell me that Daniel Bryan wasn't fully a member of The Wyatt Family and realized that he was just setting up Bray Wyatt to get him? I am so lost in this mad change in the storyline. Basically, this was like a waste of time and will change what's to come with The Wyatt Family. Also CM Punk was put in a silly team with New Age Outlaws just to see them side with Triple H and The Authority. Wow, I don't care if people agree but like I said before, WWE is burying CM Punk and Daniel Bryan. Why? Simply because WWE want John Cena, Randy Orton, and the best of the best from 2002 on back to cover for the kids. I mean Batista and Brock Lesnar prove that WWE cannot use CM Punk and Daniel Bryan because Vince and his fetish of bigger men takes away from the future. So I will move on and see you all for TNA Impact. PPV on TV time...






Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment