1/26/14

WWE Royal Rumble 2014 1/26/14


Note: As a kid, watching this PPV was a sign that spring will be here in less than 60 days. We all know that Royal Rumble is the beginning of the Wrestlemania season. It is a short season but it is when WWE refresh storylines and also gear up for title changes and possible matches for the rest of the year. As optimistic as that sounded the reality of what I said is that we are about to see the reality of WWE in 2014. So time to see history...here's WWE Royal Rumble.


Pre-Show/Match#1: New Age Outlaws vs. Cody Rhodes and Goldust
Winners: New Age Outlaws
(I think this could have been on the actual PPV. This was not a bad match. I love good tag team matches when it has a purpose to it. I wasn't surprised that this match would happen but my shock was seeing the New Age Outlaws win anything. However, since Triple H is running WWE, this didn't surpise me but it did shock me. Basically, three of these men were in the Attitude Era and three were great back then and is great now. This was good enough to start the PPV. )

Match#2: Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt
Winner: Bray Wyatt
(My god, I will shut the fuck up when it comes Bray Wyatt. This match proves that WWE isn't bothering listening to their fans. This match was so good that I wish it was for the title. I wish I was there live to see it up close. I think Bray Wyatt is better than his gimmick allows. Daniel Bryan is a great wrestler but WWE is going to make him stay in the mid card just to make Triple H's friends happy. I hope to see this match again at the next PPV and make it in Hell In A Cell. )

Match#3: Big Show vs. Brock Lesnar
Winner: Brock Lesnar
(The best match between these men was when the ring collapse. This was the shittiest match between them. What made this worse was that since we will see Orton vs. Brock at the next PPV, we had to see Brock be the bigger man. This was so bad that I wished I was playing Smackdown vs. Raw 2004 or 2005. Moving on...)

Match#4: John Cena vs. Randy Orton
Winner: Randy Orton with an assist to the Wyatt Family
(THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!! THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!! THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!! THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!! I will admit seeing The Wyatt Family beating up Cena was a good thing but like I said THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!! THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!! Time for the Royal Rumble...)

Main Event: Royal Rumble 2014 Match

Order of Entrants: 

1. CM Punk 
2. Seth Rollins 
3. Damien Sandow 
4. Cody Rhodes 
5. Kane 
6. Alexander Rusev 
7. Jack Swagger 
8. Kofi Kingston 
9. Jimmy Uso 
10. Goldust 
11. Dean Ambrose 
12. Dolph Ziggler 
13. R-Truth 
14. Kevin Nash 
15. Roman Reigns 
16. The Great Khali 
17. Sheamus 
18. The Miz 
19. Fandango 
20. El Torito 
21. Antonio Cesaro 
22. Luke Harper 
23. Jey Uso 
24. JBL 
25. Erick Rowan 
26. Ryback 
27. Alberto Del Rio 
28. Batista 
29. Big E Langston 
30. Rey Mysterio 

Order of Eliminations (Courtesy of NoDQ.Com) : 

1. Damien Sandow eliminated by CM Punk 
2. Kane eliminated by CM Punk 
3. Alexander Rusev eliminated by Cody Rhodes and others
4. R-Truth eliminated by Dean Ambrose 
5. Jimmy Uso by Dean Ambrose 
6. Jack Swagger by Kevin Nash 
7. Kofi Kingston by Roman Reigns 
8. Dolph Ziggler by Roman Reigns 
9. Kevin Nash by Roman Reigns 
10. The Great Khali by Roman Reigns 
11. Cody Rhodes by Goldust 
12. Goldust by Roman Reigns 
13. Fandango by El Torito 
14. El Torito by Roman Reigns 
15. JBL eliminated by Roman Reigns 
16. The Miz eliminated by Luke Harper 
17. Jey Uso eliminated by Harper/Rowan 
18. Erick Rowan eliminated by Batista 
19. Ryback eliminated by Batista 
20. Alberto Del Rio eliminated by Batista 
21. Big E Langston defeated Sheamus 
22. Rey Mysterio eliminated by Seth Rollins 
23. Luke Harper eliminated by Roman Reigns 
24. Antonio Cesaro eliminated by Roman Reigns 
25. Seth Rollins eliminated by Roman Reigns 
26. Dean Ambrose eliminated by Roman Reigns 
27. CM Punk eliminated by Kane (who came back out) 
28. Sheamus eliminated by Roman Reigns 
29. Roman Reigns eliminated by Batista

Winner: Batista
(I will focus on the bad shit before I speak on the good things. First of all, the IWC was pissed because there was no Daniel Bryan. I will agree with them because if you had everyone else in the Rumble that already had matches, why not him? Simple answer is WWE does not want Daniel Bryan to be more popular as John Cena. Why was JBL in the Rumble? Because WWE didn't want to add people in that the fans don't know. Why was El Torito in this match? Because of the gimmick plus Santino is out with an injury. Why was Rey Mysterio booed? He wasn't Daniel Bryan. Why did Kane come out in slacks? This is Corporate Kane not scary Kane. So what was good about this year's Royal Rumble? Roman Reigns broke Kane's record of eliminations. Roman Reigns is about to be the new face of WWE for years to come. So far, this whole thing was to make Roman Reigns look good. Batista came back to WWE to have a title shot and won the whole thing. I say that this was good because it was expected in my opinion. Kofi Kingston did another stunt to avoid getting eliminated. That was good but also bad. Basically this match set up all the feuds for the next few PPVs. I think WWE having one guy from NXT was good most people don't watch NXT unless you have Hulu or scan through YouTube. This was a good match but the ending was predictable. )


Final Thoughts: I said this outloud as this PPV ended and it fits with this part of my review. Basically, it is 2005 and Batista wins the Rumble and Randy Orton is the champion. Brock Lesnar is next to be in the main event for the title. This is what happens when Triple H let his friends in the main event. So you got New Age Outlaws as tag champions and Kevin Nash back in WWE. I was waiting to see Scott Hall come out. Before I go off in a rant about Triple H and the kliq, let me talk about the show as a whole. Basically all of the IWC was screwed and pissed with this PPV. I wasn't surprised. The tag match was a shock because I wanted to see them have the titles until the next PPV. However, Cody and Goldust is my dream Wrestlemania match and hopefully will happen. As for Bray and Bryan, that was a good match to start the show but the ending was wrong to me. Also, I wish WWE would not have Cena and Orton fight for a title ever again. My god, I took a piss through out this match. I think Cena is worse than Hogan on a good day. At least he changed his gimmick. Brock and Big Show was basically the worst thing ever. It was worst that watching Sting and Jeff Hardy with the quick ending. Going to bed, hopefully WWE Raw will clean up this bullshit. See you all for WWE Raw...






Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment