1/2/14

TNA Impact Review 1/2/14

Note: Well Happy New Year! I know I am officially a day late but so what. I am happy this is a new year. So that mean we can get a serious refresh on both TNA and WWE programing. So as we start the new year with TNA, that's easier said than done. We do have a new champion. I can actually be happy about that because this isn't like WWE rehashing old stars to be champions. TNA used an original star to be champion. I guess the rest is up to TNA to make sure people watch throughout 2014. So let's watch TNA Impact and see the new things in 2014. Here's TNA Impact...


Match#1: Madison Rayne vs. Gail Kim
Winner: Madison Rayne
(Well this was a good way to kick off the show. Especially since my crush was in this match. I love this version of Gail Kim and hope to see this Gail Kim throughout 2014. Even though Gail Kim and AJ Lee are basically doing the same thing with their Samoan bodyguards and their attitudes. I am not a fan of Madison Rayne. However, she is making me see that she can wrestle. I will not hold my breathe on that.)

Match#2: Chris Sabin vs. Austin Aries - X Division Title Match
Winner: Chris Sabin - New Champion
(All throughout 2013, I have bitched and moaned about seeing more X Division Matches in TNA. I was happy to see what was the current format of the X Division matches with it being a three way dance. However, that was banished. So seeing this match was very good for me. Especially since these guys can wrestle and can make a match interesting. This was an interesting and worthy match for the title. However, the ending sucked. I will let this slide because when we get good matches, we will get a shitty one to balance things out. Moving on. )

Match#3: Samuel Shaw vs. Norv Fernum
Winner: Samuel Shaw
(This was so quick that I don't know or care to speak on this match. Plus this was so much a sqaush match. Moving on...)

Match#4: Bobby Roode and James Storm vs. Kurt Angle and Gunner
Winners: Bobby Roode and James Storm
(Well this was both a good match and a shitty ending. I will admit that I loved seeing Roode and Storm being in a tag team again. I was marking out because I loved Beer Money until they broke up. So this was a happy moment for me. As for Gunner and Angle, well I cannot wait to see Gunner get his title shot in 2014. Angle is just being Angle. He is a legend now. He should be at the end of his career. This match was epic and very good to see especially for the new year. I will admit that both teams were good together and the ending was sweet. However, the shitty ending was after the match with Angle trying to beat up Roode. I guess I looked at this wrong because it looked bad to me. Moving on...)

Match#5: Joseph Park vs. Bully Ray
Winner: Joseph Park by DQ
(So will someone explain to me the purpose of this match? Why are we still getting Joseph Park? Until now, I was very happy seeing good things on TNA. This was not good. No Abyss and Bully Ray is now a pyromaniac? So Bully Ray won't retire but he is sulking like a baby because Mr. Anderson killed his faction. Anderson comes out to save Joseph Park. Well let's end the show because this was just dumb. )

Main Event - The Coronation of Magnus:  EC3 and Rockstar Spud came to the ring first. The two cut promos. EC3 reminds everyone that he is still undefeated. EC3 then introduces Dixie Carter. Dixie Carter then tells a story about a UK magazine covering AJ Styles. She then brings out Magnus. Magnus then cuts a promo but Gunner interrupts. He lays out Spud and EC3. He then goes after Magnus but everyone jumps him. AJ Styles then enters through the crowd with his TNA title. He lays out EC3 and Spud and stares down Magnus. Both pose with their belts. Dixie tells Magnus to get out. AJ then takes a mic. AJ tells Dixie to tell her lawyers to quit chasing him all over the world. He says Magnus isn't the champion until he beats  “the” world heavyweight champion.  Magnus asks if he is challenging him. AJ says he didn’t come out here to play “tickle butt.” He said two belts but there can only be one TNA World Heavyweight Champion. He asks if Magnus is going to listen to this “money mark.” A match is then made between the two.  The two of them posed and stared each other down from the ramp and the ring.

Final Thoughts: I decided to end this review instead of commenting on the coronation of Magnus as TNA Heavyweight Champion. I am determined to see that 2014 is the year we get good wrestling not bullshit. Tonight's show wasn't bullshit. It had parts that were bullshit. However, this was good for a TNA show. Especially with AJ Styles coming back to finally defend his TNA Heavyweight Title versus Magnus. We have seen this in WWE with CM Punk and John Cena. However, we all know how that ended. This will be different if you follow the news of wrestling. That made this show good. The matches were good until the last match but we will see more sulking from Bully Ray next week. We will also see a PPV on TV with Genesis in two weeks. So good night and see you all for WWE Smackdown.





Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment