1/31/12

TNA Genesis PPV Late Review

Note: This is late because I really had to re-watch this PPV. This will also show that I am kinda bias for WWE because I did not realize that I forgot to post this PPV. I hope to correct this once we get to February.


TNA Genesis PPV 1/8/12


(Note: Seeing that this is my first time blogging about any TNA PPV, please excuse my language because this is not going to be an easy thing to write about or have an opinion about it. Why did this PPV have be first? I could have waited for WWE Royal Rumble but here we go.....)


Elimination Match for the TNA X Division Title: Zema Ion vs. Kid Kash vs. Jesse Sorensen vs. Austin Aries

Winner: Austin Aries

(I can say this was a good match. I am shocked that this started the ppv. I guess because it is the kids playing. I am a fan of the X Division.  I find this funny that the X Division is the equavalent to Mid Card Hell in the WWE. Both the IC and USA Titles represent the top mid card in both Raw and Smackdown. I was a big fan of Kid Kash from back in the days of ECW. Well I can say that this was a great start.)

Brother Devon vs. The Pope

Winner: Brother Devon

(Will someone explain to me why Devon is stuck with this lame rivary with the Pope while Bubby Ray is doing better? I don't think this was a great storyline for Devon to do. Why is his boys getting involved? Why did this end at this ppv? Too many questions for this match but I know it is not over. I hope Devon either retires or move on from the Pope. I remember why he was not successful in WWE.)

Gunner vs. Rob Van Dam

Winner: Gunner

(I will be making a lot of RVD jokes because he's a joke now. I know he does matches just to get paid. I liked him back in ECW. I liked him when he did not speak as much. I lost interest after he joined TNA. This was not a surprise for me because Gunner is becoming a great heel. With Ric Flair, he's going to be like Batista except cooler. I love the gimmick of Gunner taking out guys via concrete outside the ring. )

TNA Knockouts Title Match: Mickie James vs. Gail Kim

Winner: Gail Kim by DQ

(I really don't know where to start and what to say. I will wait until Thursday to see if this is going to continue or not. I will say that Madison Rayne is getting on my last nerves and I am tired of her.)



Monster's Ball: Bully Ray vs. Abyss

Winner: Abyss

(Well thank god Abyss is not going to be in Immortal. By the way, who is still in Immortal? This was a good hardcore match. I miss those matches. I miss ECW and to a small extent, WCW for actually doing hardcore. I hope Abyss is moving on to better things. Bully Ray needs to get a better opponent.)


TNA Tag Team Title Match: Magnus & Samoa Joe vs. Matt Morgan & Crimson

Winners: Matt Morgan and Crimson

(Thank god for Joe because Morgan and Crimson suck as tag champs. At least with Taker and Kane, they can work together. Even Kane and Big Show worked good as a team. Crimson and Morgan sucks.)



Kurt Angle vs. James Storm

Winner: Kurt Angle

(Angle is still wrestling? Why? This was a good match but Angle needs to move on. Storm is beginning to be a great singles wrestler. I loved Beer Money and America's Most Wanted but he is better alone. What makes me laugh is that this was a feud over what.)



World Heavyweight Title Match: Jeff Hardy vs. Bobby Roode

Winner: Jeff Hardy by DQ

(Same thing I said for the Women's title match applies for this match. Why did this end with a DQ? My god, I love title matches only if the titles change. Bobby Roode is being a great heel. Jeffy Hardy is getting back to normal. I will hope that on Thursday there is some clarity with this.)





Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment