1/16/12

WWE Raw Review 1/16/12


WWE Raw Review 1/16/12



(Note: Today is MLK Day. This is a time to show respect for a man that had a dream about equality. Wrestling is very equal to a point. People like Rocky Johnson, The Rock, Ron Simmons have made it easier for Afican Americans to be champs. With that said, this should be an interesting night for Raw. I loved how even WWE acknowledge MLK Day. Thank you Vince.)

(Second Note: Forgive me for my bluntness and crassness but this week is the week I am going to be hard of both TNA and WWE.)


Opening Segment: The show starts with Mick Foley. I'm shocked he is still in WWE because what can they use him for. Also big tag team match tonight with CM Punk and Daniel Bryan vs. Mark Henry and Dolph Ziggler. So far, Mick is being Mick because I love this man. If he's going to actually have a match for Royal Rumble or WM 28. Holy shit, he wants to be in the Royal Rumble match. As who though. Oh my god, the sick bitch Vikki Guerrero and Dolph "Nicky" Ziggler. Mick is going to in the Royal Rumble and I hope he does well. Dolph is a great heel but he needs to dump Vikki. I am tired of Vince using her for the younger guys. Poor Eddie is barfing up in heaven. CM Punk comes down to save this opening segment. Thank god for CM Punk and the pipe bomb. CM Punk and Mick Foley would be a great match on so many levels. Here comes Johnny Ace to kill the opening segment. Johnny Ace says no to Mick Foley's request to be in the Royal Rumble. Vikki laughs at Mick. Dear God, can someone shut her up!


Match 1: WWE Tag Team Title Match - Epico and Primo vs. Air Boom

(Over the weekend and all over the internet, we learned that Air Boom lost the titles to basically the Colons. I did not like Air Boom and was happy as hell they lost the titles. Now I hope that WWE will build their tage teams up. So tired of the same three or four teams. Do like TNA did and throw the guys who aren't doing shit together.)

Winners: Primo and Epico

(I am shocked they won and shocked they will hold the titles longer than a couple of weeks.)

Backstage 1: Johnny Ace tells Chris Jerricho he's in the main event tonight. No words were spoken from Y2J.

(Y2J is getting on my nerves for not speaking and basically screwing with the fans.)

Backstage 2: Zack Ryder is back with Eve. Zack is going to the ring and so is Eve.

(Zack is a luckly son of a bitch to be with Eve. She's not a good wrestler but sexy to look at. I know he's about to lose the title to Jack Swagger. So what? He's still a champ to me.)


Match 2: WWE US Title Match - Jack Swagger vs. Zack Ryder

(So excited about the match because Zack needs to defend the title and make people believe he's able to come into the spotlight. Swagger is stuck in mid card hell but he's also a great heel as well. I really hate Vikki but love seeing Eve. I don't know if Zack is really injured or if this is part of the storyline with Kane and Cena. I hope he don't lose the title but I know if he loses the title, it's only because Vince is not happy with Zack's popularity.)


Winner: Jack Swagger - New US Champion

(Well I knew he was going to drop the title. I think this is part of the bigger picture. I know Zack is going to get a rematch at Royal Rumble. For now, he's still the internet champ unless he has to fight his boy.)

Backstage 3: So Johnny Ace goofed with Zack. Eve talks but Johnny Ace shuts her up. So I was right. There will be a rematch.


Match 3: Divas Match - Kelly Kelly and Alicia Fox vs. the Bella Twins

(Oh my fucking god, Perez Hilton is gues ring announcer. Who the fuck cares! I think he's like Bischoff and starves for attention. What the hell?)

Winners: Kelly Kelly and Alicia Fox

(No comments after the match. I am about to be sick after seeing Perez Hilton on WWE Raw.)

R-Truth Segment


I'm a good R-Truth! Where's Little Jimmy at tonight? Here comes Wade Barrett. The Barrett Barriage is on Raw. So why is Barrett interrupting R-Truth? Because they are in the Royal Rumble. Don't what me! Ok, go ahead and what me! There's a slide show with Mickey and Minnie. Then a pic of Donald Duck. Finally, a pic of Pinocchio with his nose growing because he lied about Wade winning the Rumble. Here comes the Miz to take out R-Truth. However, he comes Sheamus for the save. Theodore Long comes out to make a match. So there is an impromptu match.



Match 4: Over The Top Rope challenge - Wade Barrett vs. Sheamus vs. R-Truth vs. The Miz


(This is a good ideal. I actually like this match. I have done this match on my PS2 just yesterday. This is good for the middle of the show and good for me after watch Perez Hilton and the Divas.)


Winner: R-Truth

(I was entertained with this match because it was a good match. I am loving crazy R-Truth. Sheamus is also getting cool. He needs a tan though.)


Backstage 4: Cena comes to confront Johnny Ace over Zack's loss. This was weak and it will lead to the hate for Cena.

(Moving on....)


Match 5: US Title Match - Jack Swagger vs. John Cena


(This match goes under WTF catagory. I already know that Kane is going to come out and Swagger will keep the title. What's funny is that this is going to be a cog in the storyline with Kane and Cena. If Cena wins then Cena will have to face his friend, Zack. So let's hope for the best but expect the worse.)


Winner: None


(Kane is getting to Cena. Cena came close to killing Swagger. This might be a good match for Rumble. Moving on.....)



Match 6: Brodus Clay vs. JTG


(Last week, I peed on myself watching this man wrestle. Actually I laughed when he got into the ring. So this is another night I had to change my pants. This is sad for both me and others wrestling fans. What am I watching? I feel insulted on so many levels. I hope this don't give me nightmare.)


Winner: Brodus Clay


(Please excuse me for a second because I am going to make sure my eyes forget what I just saw. This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen on wrestling.)


Daniel Bryan Segment

(Not going to write about what happened on Smackdown and don't care if she got hurt. This is a stupid point of the storyline with DB, Big Show and Mark Henry.)


The Main Event: Daniel Bryan, Chris Jerricho, and CM Punk vs. David Otunga, Mark Henry, and Dolph Ziggler

(I hope Y2J speaks or wrestles. I hope DB can hold his own in this match. CM Punk will show that he's the best in the world. The heels in this match will show themselves except Otunga. He looks funny in the ring. This is going to be a good match but feel like something is going to be wrong. I hope this is a long match.)


Winners: CM Punk and Mick Foley

(This was suppose to be a good match but it turned into a clusterfuck. Y2J just walked out. DB and Mark Henry walk out. Mick Foley comes out to replace DB. I marked out for Foley. He has not lost a step so to speak. Mr. Socko is back in the WWE. Johnny Ace comes to ruin the party.)

After The Match: CM Punk lays down the law with Johnny Ace. CM Punk speaks the truth about Johnny Ace. This is about time. So I am happy to see this come out. CM Punk is the MAN! Johnny Ace is still in the ring talking like the dull man he is. Mick Foley puts him in his place. Johnny Ace finally snapped. Thank god! He takes out Foley. Oh boy!

Overall, this was an ok Raw Show. Why did they invite Perez Hilton? Who cares about AJ and DB? Why is Y2J back in WWE? There are some questions that needs to be answered and some questions that I don't care about. I will be happy when the next Raw comes on next week.







Gene The Grappler





No comments:

Post a Comment