1/28/12

TNA Impact Review 1/26/12


TNA Impact Review 1/25/12


(Note: Last week's Impact was surprising and hope this week is better. I am actually interested in some of the storylines. I am not becoming a fan yet but slowly liking the product. I am going to try to be fair and give my opinion of these matches because this is not a review but more so an opinion of what I saw on this episode. Unlike the WWE, TNA's PPV is next month and they have time to gear up their PPV. SO I hope this show is a start for that.)

There was a recap of last weeks Impact where they showed how Bully Ray interfered with the championship match and the #1 contender match.
(So is Bobby Roode a part of Immortal? Also who is in Immortal now? Finally, why is Bully Ray being a goon?)


Backstage: Jeff Hardy and Bully Ray are fighting in the back of the Impact Zone. Bobby Roode pulls up in his truck and attacks Hardy. James Storm appears and goes at it with Roode. Sting runs everyone off.
(This was a good way to start a show. I love how these guys were fighting hard and fast. Also I like the saves from Storm, Roode, and Sting. So is Sting done wearing the paint? Also, is it me or is Jeff Hardy trying to keep his job at TNA? I like Jeff but I hope he don't end up like Matt.)


Match#1 - #1 Contender for the Womens Title: Tara vs. Mickie James vs. Velvet Sky
winner: Tara
(Good match. I laughed because the ending was cluster fucked but it pulled it off because it was a three way. I keep thinking why WWE let Tara and Mickie James go but then I remember why. These women can wrestle. So can Velvet Sky to a point. I am not a fan of hers but at least she's not Angelina Love.)

Promo To Main Event: Sting calls out James Storm, Jeff Hardy, Bobby Roode and Bully Ray. They brawl in the ring. Sting tries hard to pull them apart. So he tries to lay down the law. Once he did that, Sting announces Ray & Roode vs. Storm & Hardy in a Tables Match for tonight.
(This was a great way to get the main event announced. I miss guys actually brawling and making wrestling more believable. These guys were all over the ring and what's funny is that Sting basically manhandling all four of these guys.)

Backstage: Winter and Angelina Love tries to seduce Eric Young. ODB comes to make the save and they have a match tonight.
(Eric Young is just as funny as Santino. Actually this does remind me of Santino and Beth Phoenix. Except Eric Young is a true nut. ODB does scary me because a woman like that is not right. As for Winter and Angelina Love, they need to break up or do something more productive.)

Match#2 - Alex Shelley vs. Zema Ion
Winner: Alex Shelly
(I love the Motor City Machine Guns. I miss them as a tag team. Alex Shelly is a great singles wrestling. I hope he does get a shot at the X Division Title. Alex Shelly does represent the 313.)


Match#3 - Eric Young and ODB vs. Angelina Love and Winter
Winners: Eric Young and ODB
(This was a suprising good match. I am liking the mix tag angle with ODB and Eric Young.)


Match#4 - Matt Morgan vs. Samoa Joe
Winner: Matt Morgan
(I don't like the tag team champions being two guys that cannot wrestle. So please give the belts to Magnus and Joe. I think either Morgan or Crimson will hurt someone in the ring soon. No wonder why WWE got rid of Matt Morgan.)


AJ Styles comes out but is interrupted by Daniels and Kazarian. AJ vs. Kaz is made for Against All Odds.
(No comment because I want to know how this angle got started. I am so confused with this angle.)


Main Event - Tag Team Tables Match: Jeff Hardy and James Storm vs. Bully Ray and Bobby Roode
Winners: Hardy and Storm
(Ray attacked Storm and Hardy with a steel chair after the match. Impact ended with Ray putting Hardy through the table from the top rope. This was a crazy match but this match was good enough to make me want more. Hardy still can put up a crazy bump. Same goes for Bully Ray.)


This was a good show tonight. I cannot wait to see what's going to happen next week. I think they are overseas next week. I cannot wait to see TNA overseas. I hope this is different for them and us as fans. See you next week.





Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment