1/19/12

TNA Impact Review 1/19/12


TNA Impact Results/Review 1/19/12

(Note: After last weeks events, I will focus on the matches. Please read the below notes as to why. Also I hope to find out what's going to be done with the screw job ending of last week. I also hope that no match is being repeated because TNA will repeat a match until we get sick of it. So here we go......)

First Match - Gunner w/Ric Flair defeated AJ Styles following some Kazarian/Christopher Daniels interference and Gunner DDted AJ for the victory. After, Gunner went to DDT AJ on the concrete, but AJ got out of it and grabbed a chair.
(Gunner is getting a rep for taking out guys with the outside concrete with a DDT. Helps to have Flair as a manager and corner man. AJ was luck to get away when he did. Gunner is a ok heel but needs a better gimmick.)


Second Match - Crimson defeated Magnus via Red Sky. After, Samoa Joe attacked Crimson. Morgan came out for the save, but to no avail. Joe and Magnus hit their Enzugiri/Elbow combo on Morgan.
(Please give the tag titles to Joe and Magnus because I don't like Crimson and Morgan. Why are we going to have to wait to see the tag titles change.)

Third Match - Mickie James defeats Madison Rayne in a steel cage.
(This was a good match. However, Madison Rayne did something I don't know if I was aroused by it or disgusted by it. So basically I saw a good womens wrestling match.)


Fourth Match - Eric Young defeated Angelina Love w/Winter by disqualification when Angelina kicked EY low. After, Winter and Angelina put the boots to EY until ODB came out for the save. Angelina and Winter got the advantage on her too, until EY got a second wind and threw the two of them out of the ring. EY then kissed ODB.
(For some reason, I like the Young/ODB union. What scares me is that I want to see more of this. As for Love and Winter, please give Love a better gimmick and let Winter with someone else. Just saying.....)


Main Event - James Storm vs. Jeff Hardy went to a no contest. Bully Ray came out and hit Brian Hebner with a chain. He then hit Hardy and Storm with the chain. Earl Hebner ran out and Ray beat him up.
(Bully Ray needs to stop messing these matches up. I know him and Roode are in the same clique but I am tired of the main event matches ending with chaos. Damn you Bully Ray and Roode.)

The reason why this review is shorter than the others in the past few weeks is that I cared about the wrestling. I say that because TNA wants to see that wrestling matters. So this week, most of the show was talking. I loved the women's cage match but that's it. Everything else is repetition. My thing is that TNA is hard to watch some weeks and harder to review. I hope next week is going to be better because if it gets worse, I will have to sum up TNA on a monthly basis.






Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment