1/31/12

WWE Royal Rumble 2012 Review and Blog

Note: The reason this blog is late is because I wanted to watch both the PPV and WWE Raw to fully understand what's going on in WWE on the Road to Wrestlemania 28. 

WWE Royal Rumble Review 1/29/12

Note: Unlike my blogs about WWE Raw and Smackdown, this is not going to be in order but I will still give some of my short but insightful commentary and opinion of this WWE PPV.

WWE Champion CM Punk def. Dolph Ziggler (Special Guest Referee John Laurinaitis)
(I was disappointed in the fact that I wanted to see CM Punk get screwed. This was a good match for the most part. I cannot wait for Raw to see if Johnny Ace is going to be fired or promoted.)

Brodus Clay def. Drew McIntyre
(I am so pissed that this was on the PPV. Poor Drew is in mid card hell and someone is demented for thinking Brodus is cool enough to be in this gimmick. I still don't like this man's character.)

Sheamus won the 30-Man Royal Rumble Match
(This was not a good group of participants but it did include the entire roster and also some of the announce teams for both Raw and Smackdown. I don't have a lot to say because most of the participants just started new rivalries that might lead them into WM 28.)

John Cena vs. Kane (Double Count-out)
(Kane was laid out. Cena was laid out. Poor Zack Ryder damn near died again. I think this was a good match but Cena is not going to embrace the hate. Zack is going to be dead if Cena does not come out and hate the fans. I am hoping Cena becomes a heel or something. I don't like the slow pace this rivary is going.)

Divas Champion Beth Phoenix, Natalya & The Bella Twins def. Eve, Kelly Kelly, Alicia Fox & Tamina
(I could not concentrate on this match because of the t and a that was in this match. So many women and not enough time. This was a good match for the most part.)

World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan def. Big Show and Mark Henry (Triple Threat Steel Cage Match)
(Daniel Bryan is a luck son of a bitch. He basically got out of hell with two giants. This was a good match but I know there will be botches in this match somewhere. Overall, this was not better than CM Punk vs Dolph Ziggler but it had his moments.)

This was my 1st PPV that I watched live all year. I did not watch all of TNA PPV but did see the ends of the match. This was a good PPV and did lead us on the road to WM 28. I hope Raw will answer some of the questions I have for WM 28 and also the next PPV which is The Elimination Chamber. 






Gene The Grappler




No comments:

Post a Comment