4/14/12

TNA Impact 4/12/12


Note:  Usually, I would be posting this review on Friday but I felt that I really wanted to look at it a second time to see if I was going to say the same things during the broadcast. With all that said, this is the final TNA Impact before the Lockdown PPV. I hope that this either helps people want to watch this PPV or if they would rather watch paint dry. Also please not that this is not going to happen often but if it does, I will explain why when it does. Here’s TNA Impact……

Match#1: Gunner beat Mr. Anderson via disqualification because Anderson wouldn’t listen to the ref’s orders to stop stomping Gunner in the corner. 
(This was a good match for the most part. I hate that it ended with a DQ. I do love a clean finishes because it makes the match more legit to see. I am just old school like that. Gunner is such a lackey for Immortal or Eric Bischoff. Mr. Anderson is getting better in TNA and needs to stay in TNA. WWE will fuck him over again. What’s funny is that this match could have been better if it was longer.)

Team Garrett vs. Team Eric was set up in a segment where Eric Bischoff is tricked into believing it was a 4 vs. 4 Lethal Lockdown match. Hulk Hogan comes out and announced it will be 5 on 5. Bischoff puts himself in the match, only to find out the last member of the team isn’t Hulk Hogan but RVD.
(So on Eric Bischoff’s team you have Kaz, Daniels, Bully Ray, and Gunner plus Eric Bischoff himself? Why did they have to have Bully Ray on their team? Damn you TNA for putting him in the spotlight. He’s a fucking joke to say the least. The other guys are cool. All the heels joined to face their enemies. As for Garrett’s team, it is AJ Styles, Austin Aries, Mr. Anderson, Garrett and RVD. So this is not going to be a clusterfuck after all? This might be a good match. I hope to see that at the PPV. However, anything with Bully Ray will make me question their fucking logic.)

TNA X-Division champ Austin Aries defeated Christopher Daniels.
(I love X division matches. These matches make me miss the fast paced cruiserweight matches of WWE. Daniels is a great wrestler and same with Austin Aries. I love this match for so many reasons. I am ignoring the 5 on 5 implications because I just want to see wrestling. This was a good match. I want to see more of these matches. This is wrestling!)

Bully Ray defeated AJ Styles.
 (This is not a match I wanted to see. I don’t like any match with Bully Ray. AJ is a great wrestler. I loved the way this man can wrestle in the ring. Sad to say, he had to carry this match because Bully Ray is such a fucking loser. )

The Motor City Machineguns, Mexican America and Samoa Joe and Magnus got into a brawl with each other.
(I just can’t wait to see this match. Nothing else can be said about this segment. Real tag team wrestling is in TNA. Thank you god for that!)

Velvet Sky & Mickie James defeated Gail Kim & Madison Rayne. (God I love their Knockout matches when they last longer than five minutes. This was a good tag match for the ladies. There were bodies flying and lots of action. I miss matches like that in WWE. I want to thank you ladies for the best damn match of the night. )

Eric Young and ODB get married inside a steel cage.  
(This was the best wedding I have ever seen in wrestling. This looked real and made to feel real. ODB is kinda hot in a dress. The hot chicks of Mexican Americans came to interrupt but I guess EY is going to be a married man. This is not as stupid as I thought. For the most part this was funny and really cool. )

Bobby Roode and James Storm go face to face to promo Lockdown.
(This is going to be a good match but I know it is going to end with a DQ but it will still be a good match to say the least. Nothing else could be said to end TNA. Nothing…..)

Final Thoughts: Most of the matches were good this week. I like the wedding. I love the X division match and the Knockout tag team match. Usually, I would have a bad to say but sad to say that I have one big fucking issue with this episode. Why are they doing a 5 on 5 match with the Bischoffs? I let it slide because I was hoping this father/son thing would be over but it is not going to fucking die. This is the one thing I hate about TNA is that they don’t want to kill off idiotic storylines. I guess I will hope for the best at the PPV this Sunday. So I am off to re-watch Smackdown. Until then, later.





Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment