4/21/12

WWE Smackdown Review 4/20/12

Note: As much as I am excited to see this week's Smackdown, I am more excited to go see WWE Raw in my hometown of Detroit this coming Monday. I just want to see a good show tonight and also for Monday. So here is WWE Smackdown........

Opening Segment: Daniel Bryan opens the show to lots of YES chants. He says Sheamus cheated to win the World Heavyweight Title and talks about how he will win it back at Extreme Rules. Daniel Bryan opens the show to lots of YES chants. He says Sheamus cheated to win the World Heavyweight Title and talks about how he will win it back at Extreme Rules. AJ Lee comes out and Bryan tells her to leave but she won't. She wants to talk about their problems but he says she was the problem. Bryan wishes AJ was never born and says he will never take her back. He leaves her in the ring to cry.
(DB is a total DB still. AJ is such a dumb bitch for trying to be with him. I love the YES chants but still can work the WHAT chants. DB is becoming my favorite heel. )

Match#1: Natalya vs. AJ
Winner: Nattie by DQ
(AJ just got my respect for being an uber bitch. Harness that anger, AJ. This was funny as fucking hell to see AJ go ape shit.)

Match#2: Hunico and Camacho vs. Brodus Clay and Hornswoggle
Winners: Brodus and Hornswoggle
(I knew this would happen sooner or later. This was something I wanted to see but knew I was going to hate. This match was wasted on me because I don't like the WWE version of Mexican American or Brodus as a white soul brotha. Hornswoggle is still in the WWE? Why? Moving on.....)

Match#3: The Usos vs. Titus O'Neil and Darren Young
Winners: Young and O'Neil
(NXT invades Smackdown! The Uso will be tag champs soon but I will give it up to the NXT guys for coming into the B show and gaining some props. Nothing else to say.)

Match#4: Alberto Del Rio vs. Big Show
Winner: ADR with an assist to RR and Cody Rhodes
(This was a 3 to 1 match. We all knew Cody was going to get Big Show back for the embarassment of WM 28. ADR did not need this match but it was a good warm up to being WHC soon. We all know that ADR is going to be champ soon. This was a typical match for Big Show.)

Match#5: Ryback vs. James Lerman.
Winner: Ryback
(This is a typical jobber match. Nothing new to see here. Like watching a lion kill a alley cat.)

Main Event: Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, and Mark Henry vs. Randy Orton, Sheamus and Big Show
Winners: RKO, Sheamus and Big Show
(The babyfaces win and the heels will regroup. I am thankful this ended well. Love this match as the main event. So much actions and nothing was wasted or had some idiotic twist. Good match.)

Final Thoughts: WWE Smackdown ends the European tour but so amped to see WWE Raw this Monday in Detroit. This was a good show. I loved how they got rid of Khali at the end. Excited to see him leave the ring. Also happy to see my favorite heel get some more heat before his match at Extreme Rules. So see you all for WWE Raw from Motor City USA.



Gene The Grappler

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great review of last Fridays Smackdown Gene. I am usually working Friday nights at Dish, so I rarely get to see the show as it airs. I just got around to watching it in the free section of DishOnline.com. Overall I think this was a pretty good episode, especially as it was mostly squash free. Recent weeks have had a lot of filler matches that can be considered squashes so it was nice to see Ryback get the only one. The best match of the night was the Main Event (as it should be). Now I’m off to stream Monday Night Raw to get caught up on that night’s event. If I didn’t have a good streaming site I would be lost from week to week.

    ReplyDelete