4/16/12

TNA Lockdown Review 4/15/12

Note: TNA had a great but also a shitty Impact to lead this PPV. I will try to be fair but I made my peace about Bully Ray in the main event, Jeff Hardy and Angle wrestling again, and why is Eric Bischoff fighting his own son. I will try to be fair but if I see something shitty, I am doing shots for every time TNA had a dumbass ideal. Here's TNA Lockdown........


Match#1: Team Eric vs. Team Garrett
Winners: Team Garrett
(This was a good match but the stakes were stupid to me. I know people wanted to see Eric lose this match but there are not a lot of heels in TNA. Basically, Hogan and Eric B were it. So it was sad to see him go but it means more time for the young talent. I still hated that Bully Ray was in this match. I don't like him at all. The match as a whole was good but no need for Bully Ray.)

Match#2: Samoa Joe and Magnus vs. Motor City Machine Guns - Tag Team Title Match
Winners: Joe and Magnus
(This was a good match to see. This was a breathe of fresh air because Joe and Magnus was stuck fighting Crimson and Matt Morgan. MCMG is back and I am happy as a Detroiter to see guys from the D rep in wrestling. I would have loved to see MCMG win but it was still a good match.)

Match#3: Brother Devon vs. Robbie E. - TV Title Match
Winner: Brother Devon
(Why god is this on the PPV? I don't have anything to say about this match. I do wish this title would be defended on TV not PPVs. Moving on.....)

Match#4: Velvet Sky vs. Gail Kim - Knockouts Title Match
Winner: Gail Kim
(This was a great womens match. Gail Kim can wrestle. Velvet Sky is not a good wrestler. This was a good match because Gail carried this match. I guess I am a sucker for good womens wrestling but not a fan of Velvet Sky. This still was a good match. )

Match#5: Matt Morgan vs. Crimson
Winner: Crimson
(I am sick of these guys. Both of them cannot wrestle. Both can't do anything. So moving on because this would make me want to lose my temper. )

Match#6: Jeff Hardy vs. Kurt Angle
Winner: Jeff Hardy
(This was something I did not want to see but it is ok to see for nostalgia sake. Both these guys were WWE guys and both were in their prime in WWE. In TNA, these guys are there for checks. This was ok for old times sake. End the feud quickly.)

Match#7: ODB and Eric Young vs. Rosita and Sarita - Knockout Tag Team Title Match
Winners: ODB and Eric Young
(I like that ODB and EY are married. The tag titles are a bit much. This was fun to watch because both Sarita and Rosita wanted to distract EY. This was a good thing to see before the main event. EY is almost as funny as Santino except Santino has a title of his own.)

Main Event: Bobby Roode vs. James Storm - TNA Heavyweight Title Match
Winner: Bobby Roode
(This was going to be a great way to end this PPV but Storm did not win. Roode has made me wanted to hate him as a wrestler and a heel. This would have been a five star match but it is more of a three star match because the lame ending. Really Roode? What is up with beer bottles in TNA? )

Final Thoughts: For the most part this was a good PPV for TNA. Except the ending and the beginning, it was a great PPV. I think TNA is getting better but then again, it will go back to the same people until they can build up more fresh faces. I guess for now, it is going to be a good week for TNA.







Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment