4/10/12

WWE Raw Review 4/9/12

Note: Last week we saw the return of Brock Lesnar. I am a fan of his short WWE career especially with the matches with Cena before he sold out. I am interested in what's to come of Cena/Lesnar. Also this will be the second week of Johnny Ace's rule over both shows. I might have been hard on WWE last week after WM 28 but I think as we prepare for SummerSlam and Survivor Series, things might change for the better. So here's WWE Raw........

Opening Segment: Johnny Ace comes out and declares Brock the new face of WWE. He announces that Lesnar and Cena will face each other at the PPV next month. Cena and Brock had a huge brawl after the pleasantries.
(Well I am happy to see Brock back. I am happy that I will see something old become new again. This will be a good thing for Cena because he needs someone to further kill the PG Cena. This was the best way to start Raw and also start this epic re-telling of a good storyline.)

Match#1: Brodus Clay and Santino Marella vs. Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger
Winners: Brodus and Santino
(I have mixed feelings about this match. I like the heels especially Ziggler because he's going to be champ soon. I love Santino because he is the comic relief of the WWE. However, does not like Clay's character. I wish WWE would drop the whole fat white dancer that acts black gimmick. I find it insulting but then again most people don't. This was not a good match to watch but it was entertaining for the most part. )

Match#2: R-Truth vs. Cody Rhodes
Winner: R-Truth
(Big Show is going to make fun of Cody for getting knocked out at WM 28. I still laugh at the fact that he took that punch like a champ. This was a quick match. I cannot wait to see this rematch only to see Cody get knocked out again.)

Match#3: Lord Tensai vs. Yoshi Tatsu
Winner: Lord Tensai
(This was a typical jobber match. Lord Tensai is going to be pushed but what title will he get. The U.S. title or IC title. The crowd was doing the Albert chants. At least we all know that he's from the past but most kids don't care.)

Match#4: CM Punk vs. Mark Henry - Non Title Match
Winner: Henry by DQ.
(I hate that they are going to squash Punk but making him feud with Y2J. This whole alcohol angle is pissing me off. Both Henry and Jericho did their jobs this week to kill Punk but Y2J had to do the whole alcohol bath also. This is dumb to me because we don't need real life angles in wrestling. I am trying not to get so upset but this does bother me. Especially if this is suppose to be PG. I know there will be a title match for Y2J at the next PPV. )

Match#5: Alberto Del Rio vs. Zack Ryder
Winner: ADR
(Zack did not have a chance in hell in this match. ADR had this match in the bag for the most part. This was a decent match but it was not going to be another win for Long Island Iced Z.)

Kane chokeslammed the actors from the movie The 3 Stooges.
(Why is Kane the guy that has to kill movie and sports celebrities? Pete Rose and Drew Carey comes to mind. Waste of time. Moving on.........)

Main Event: John Cena vs. David Otunga
Winner: Cena
(First of all, why is Otunga in the main event? I know he's Johnny Ace's bitch but really? This was a so so match. This was a setup for Brock and Cena to end the show with a second brawl. This was a good way to end the show. I liked this setup. Perfection.)


Final Thoughts: This was the best Raw I have seen this year. Except for the stupid shit with the movie guys, this was better than last week. I think it is starting to be a good thing to bring some of the old people back to give it new blood. Lesnar is going to be great for the short term. Cena will become the patsy for the all the shit that Johnny Ace will throw at him. I did not see a lot of Smackdown people which means for maybe a couple weeks, we only get Raw guys. Until Thursday, see you guys later.






Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment