4/2/12

WWE Wrestlemania 28 Review

Note: Sorry this was up late but I wanted to watch Raw to see the after effects of Wrestlemania.

Note: This is the Super Bowl of the WWE. This is the biggest event of 2012 for the WWE. I hope this is the best PPV because the hype for it lasted too damn long. So as I write this after my epic wrestlemania party, this is my opinion and views of the PPV called Wrestlemania 28.......
Before The PPV:
WWE Tag Team Title Match: The Usos vs. Justin Gabriel & Tyson Kidd vs. Primo & Epico
Winners: The Colons
(Well I am actually shocked this was not on the PPV. This was a good match. I like the new tag team of Gabriel and Kidd. The Uso are getting better each PPV. The Colons still get the attention. This was a good match that should have been on the PPV. )
WrestleMania 28:
World Heavyweight Title Match: Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan
Winner: Sheamus (New WHC)
(This was not a shock to me. I laughed so hard that I peed on myself because DB lost in record timing. I never saw someone get beat that fast in years. Sheamus is the new champ. Thank you god! I am going to be a mark for Sheamus but still like DB. AJ is going to dump DB real soon. )
Kane vs. Randy Orton
Winner: Kane
(This was a good match but the whole set up was last minute. Kane is going to retire soon. Randy Orton needs a title shot. This is a short and sweet version of this match. Moving on….)
WWE Intercontinental Title Match: Big Show vs. Cody Rhodes
Winner:Big Show (New IC Champ)
(Show is a triple crown champ. Show did not choke at WM. Show is the man. Cody Rhodes is now a punk. All that shit he did to fuck with Show made this a great match to see. I cried when Show won and happy to see something different. However, how does this change the IC title’s image. This is suppose to be a mid card title but Show might make this worth it. )
Beth Phoenix and Eve Torres vs. Kelly Kelly and Maria Menounos
Winners: Kelly Kelly and Maria Menounos
(The only reason why I watch the match is to see if the chick from Extra would hurt herself. She didn’t. The other reason is because I like Beth but felt she was wasted in this match. Four women in a ring is one thing but there was not a lot of wrestling in it. )
Hell in a Cell: Triple H vs. The Undertaker with HBK Special Ref.
Winner: Undertaker (20-0)
(I am a child of the Attitude Era. I lived for this moment of WWE history. This was the match of all matches for all of us in the Attitude Era. This should have ended the show. This had to be seen in person or on TV. The fact that Triple H is done with as a wrestler makes me want to cry. Seeing Shawn Michaels ref this match made me think he was legit to do the job. This was the best match in the last 10 years. Wow….)
Team Laurinaitis vs. Team Long
Winners: Team Laurinaitis
(As much as I wanted this match to be short, it was not. This is why I hate 6 on 6 matches. Basically, Johnny will run both shows but I think he will be around to fuck up things until at least SummerSlam.)
WWE Title Match: Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk
Winner: CM Punk
(This was another match with lots of talk and little action. Punk has this match in the bag. Y2J is going to leave soon to go to his band. So this was a good match with some bullshit segments. Moving on…..)
The Rock vs. John Cena
Winner: The Rock
(Thank you so much Rock for being Cenation! Thank you Rock for basically being the icon killer. You killed three legends now. Thank you Rocky! This was the worth all the hype but it was better to be happy to see someone like the Rock to end the Cena train. As for Cena, it’s time to become a heel and be the new evil of WWE. We will see…..)
Final Thoughts: I will say that the WWE put on the best Wrestlemania on the new millennium. However, it will not top Wrestlemania 3 or Wrestlemania 23 (both were in Detroit.) but this was a close to perfection. The good thing is that I enjoyed this PPV but I know WWE Raw will be a colossal clusterfuck. See you all for WWE Raw.
Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment