4/6/12

TNA Impact Review 4/5/12


TNA Impact Review 4/5/12

Note: Since there was no spoiler reports for this show since WWE invaded Florida this week, I am going to do this review blind. Most of lame storylines are still intact. Hogan is in control and like with WWE having Johnny Ace in full control. So here’s TNA Impact…….
Since this is going to be my blind opinion of this episode, it is not going to be in order and it is in the order of which I saw it via TV and Youtube.
Opening Segment:
Match#1:  Mr. Anderson vs. Robert Roode (Non-Title)
Winner: Bobby Roode then was reversed. New winner is Mr. Anderson.
(So Hogan is trying to be a good Hogan? Really? This was a good match until the ending. Roode is a full heel. I love to hate this guy now. I wonder though if he forgot that he's not in Beer Money anymore. As for Mr. Anderson, I want to know what is he exactly. Is he a heel or a face or a bad ass? I am confused. This was a good match until the end but Hogan messed up even further. )

Match#2: Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Hardy
Winner:  Jeff Hardy by Count Out
(This is another match that was good until the end. So Angle is a quitter now? I know he's not but he's hurting. As for Hardy, is he still in the doghouse with TNA? I liked this match but Angle leaving made it a bad match. Hogan put his foot down with Angle but it was dumb.)

In Ring Segment: Austin Aries and Bully Ray
(I see Bully Ray gunning for the X Division. Why? This is going to be dumb idea. Moving on.....)

Match#3: AJ Styles vs. James Storm
Winner:  James Storm
(Here's a great match with a great ending. No Hogan involvement! Two men that can wrestle and make a great match. Loved the ending especial how AJ fell into the Last Call Superkick. This was a great match.)

Match#4: #1 Contender Match for the Knockouts Title – Winter, Mickie James, Velvet Sky, Angelina Love, Madison Rayne, and Tara
Winner:  Velvet Sky is the new #1 contender.
(This was a man's wet dream. Six sexy women in the ring wrestling for one thing. Even though this was not the way I liked, I still like this match. Nice to see girls like Winter and Angelina Love back on TV. Also nice to see my former WWE girls Mickie and Tara in the mix still. This was a good match but the ending had me confused. )

Match#5: Motor City Machine Guns vs. Mexican Americans
Winners:  MCMG
(This was a great way to get the MCMG back into the fold. This was a good match. As a Detroiter, I marked out to see these kids back in TNA. Now we need Rhyno back in TNA. ) 

Eric Young’s Bachelor Party:
(No comment on this because this is getting stupid and I hope it is over at Lockdown.)

Confrontation between Eric Bischoff and Hollywood Hogan:
(No comment because we all know that this is setting up for a match at Lockdown. )


Final Thoughts: Well it is funny that no one could have done a spoiler for this show because the WWE was in Miami. I think most of the TNA fans saw promise this week but WWE stole the thunder from TNA. Most of the matches are gearing up for Lockdown. I was upset that there was no spoilers but come next week it will be back to normal. With that said, speak to you all for WWE Smackdown.








Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment