6/1/12

TNA Impact Review 5/31/12

Note: This is the first of many TNA Impacts to be live rather than taped. No more spoilers! I love spoilers because it tells us what to watch and what to avoid watching. I can't wait to see them go back to tape so we can rip them for doing some stupid shit. So here's the first of many live TNA live shows.

Opening Segment: We see the whole TNA roster surrounding the ring. Tenay and Tazz is welcoming us to the show.
(This is ok for a start to show us how united TNA is for this bold move. I love seeing how small the Impact Zone is. Reminiscent of WCW Saturday Night and WCW Worldwide. The memories.....)

Match#1: Lumberjack Match - Sting vs. Bobby Roode
Winner: Sting
(I like Bobby Roode. I love that he is the king of the hill in TNA. I love that he's the champ. Why Sting? This is what I speak about when it come to letting the younger talent shine and letting go of the older ones. We have seen Sting and his stick. I am tired of it. I rather have seen old WCW footage from him wrestling Flair. I guess if you can't give a young guy the push then go to Sting. This was a boring match. We all knew Sting was going to win. Moving on. )

Match#2: TNA X Division Title Match - Chris Sabin vs. Austin Aries
Winner: Austin Aries
(This match was worth seeing. I love the X Division. I love that we see the lighter guys wrestle. WWE needs to do something because some of the big men are getting older and slower. I would watch this and other X Division matches over just to see something fresh.)

Match#3: TNA Television Title Match - Jeff Hardy vs. Devon
Winner: No Contest
(I don't care if Robbie E. and Robbie T. came to beat on Devon. Don't care that Jeff Hardy saved Devon. I do care to see that title off Devon ASAP. I want to see a triple threat or a four way match for this title ASAP. Hell, make this match in a steel cage. Please let this title be for the young kids not the old man that has a school and kids to feed. )

Main Event: AJ Styles vs. Daniels
Winner: AJ Styles
(This was a good match. TNA Originals doing what they do best: wrestle. I think even though I am not a huge fan of TNA but I can see the appeal that TNA has for some people. The ending was funny because of the angle with AJ and Dixie Carter. Dixie is going to end up like Stephanie McMahon with the power trip and also her new squeeze being a wrestler. )


Final Thoughts: I am so pissed that this show was two hours and had four matches. I am pissed that there will be no more spoilers. I am pissed that there was no KO title match, tag team match, or even EY and ODB. I am going to move on and see what WWE can do for me. See you all for WWE Smackdown. At least that's still taped.






Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment