8/15/13

TNA Impact Review 8/15/13

Note: I said this before but will make it more clear this time around. I said last time TNA did a PPV on free TV, that it was a mistake. I think I am saying that because as a true wrestling fan, the tv show setup the ppv and the ppv setup the dvd sales. I grew up with that cycle with WWE and WCW. TNA is proving that it is really not the #2 wrestling promotion but it is the alternative to seeing SSDD in WWE. Now I got that out my system, let's hope this PPV is worth being seen for free. Here's TNA Hardcore Justice Edition of TNA Impact........

Match#1: AJ Styles vs. Kaz vs. Austin Aries vs. Jeff Hardy - BFG Ladder Match for 20 pts.
Winner: Kaz - 20pts.
(This was awesome. Why? Because we all know that WWE save hardcore matches to their PPVs. It is funny to see this as the first match but then again, this did take a long time to finish. I love seeing a ladder powerbomb. I love seeing superplexes off the ladder. I love that Jeff Hardy was out of place in this match because in TNA, he is basically a jobber with a popular name. The whole new faction with Roode, Kaz and Daniels is going to make this interesting to see the finals for the BFG. I still think AJ Styles will win the BFG but it will be a good process to see that. Good opening match. )

Match#2: ODB vs. Mickie James vs. Gail Kim - No DQ Match
Winner: ODB
(I am going to be honest with you all and say that this was a dream match with me. I love seeing Gail Kim in action. I love seeing Mickie James actually wrestle not carry someone. I mean even ODB was interesting to see wrestle again. This was both a good match and something to FAP about. I had to smoke a cigarette after this match because it was good as having sex. It is hard to be obejctive while watching a women's wrestling match. I mean one point of having women in wrestling is the sex appeal. This was both good as a match and for the perverts, something to jerk off to. Thank you TNA. )

Match#3: Mr. Anderson vs. Magnus vs. Samoa Joe vs. Bobby Roode - BFG Ladder Match for 20 pts.
Winner: Bobby Roode
(The first match was not close to being a clusterfuck. This was close to being a colossal clusterfuck. I was praying not to see someone get killed on Cable TV. I think ladder matches should be saved for the cruiserweights. I say that because it was tough to see someone like Joe climb up the ladder. This was still a good match but hard to watch at times. I guess that's because Anderson is stiff at times. )

Main Event: Chris Sabin vs. Bully Ray - TNA Heavyweight Title in a Steel Cage
Winner: Bully Ray
(Before the ending to this match, I was happy to see someone else with the title. Especially someone that is not older than dirt. Seeing younger guys with the title is better for the older fans who like change and seeing fresh faces. I loved that Sabin represents my hometown and also can be labeled as a true title holder. So why did TNA fuck up a good thing? It is because TNA is like WCW. This happened in WCW with Goldberg having the WHC Title but later to lose it to someone that shoouldn't have been champion. I will just shorten this by saying: THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!! THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!THIS WAS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!)

Final Thoughts: Well this show was better to see on TV than PPV. Destination X would have been better off on PPV. This PPV could have been better on PPV. PPV events are free from commercials and also fillers. TNA needs to put on more PPVs. If you like this event, that's good. I did not hate it but I would have booked more matches and also eliminated all the backstage bullshit. I guess I will go to bed and hope to see something better from WWE. See you all for WWE Smackdown.



Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment