8/29/13

TNA Impact Review 8/29/13

Note: Well seeing that this is a live show, it is going to be interesting to see what we see tonight. I know that what happened to Devon will be address. I know that this is a temporary thing. I should be happy to see Hulk Hogan back on TV but I am scared because of what's not going to be mentioned. His daughter is gone from TNA TV. Hopefully they will remember to mention the BFG Series. I don't want to forget because my pick is going to win the whole thing. So let's watch and see what we can get out of this show. Here's TNA Impact.........

Match#1: Jeff Hardy vs. Kaz - BFG Series Match
Winner: Jeff Hardy - 7pts.
(Well this was not a match I wanted to see but I knew the ending was setup. Hogan comes back to mess up the triple threat of Kaz/Daniels/Roode. They had to stay away from the ring during the other's matches. So basically this was a setup for Hardy to win and also make sure that it is a fair match. Nothing is fair in TNA except the amount of screen time Hardy gets. It was not boring but it was not interesting.)

Match#2: ODB vs. Gail Kim - 2 out of 3 match for the #1 contender for the KO Title
Winner: ODB 2
Loser: Gail Kim 1
(Unlike the hyped match with Gail Kim vs. Brooke Tessmacher, this was a classic. I loved that ODB basically had to fight to get out of this match. This was not a power match. This was not high flying match. This was two women who wanted to face the champ. No Holds Barred almost. ODB is not my favorite wrestler but she got my respect for the shit she did tonight. Gail Kim is my crush and she basically could have won this thing twice in one shot but she did do some amazing shit. I miss seeing the X Division but the KOs can wrestle 95% of the time. )

Match#3: AJ Styles vs. Bobby Roode - BFG Series Match
Winner: AJ Styles - 7pts.
(This was a match of close calls, close pins, close submissions, and close wins. I never was so excited to see AJ Styles pull off the shit he was doing. Bobby Roode was pulling off some crazy shit. This was better than seeing X Division this week. AJ was the old AJ Styles. After his promo before the match about he is the go to guy for TNA, I knew he was going to win this match but he needed 10 pts to move on to the BFG finals. He was short and got the 7 pts. Somehow, some way, AJ Styles should have gotten more points but hopefully something will change soon. )

Main Event: Austin Aries vs. Christopher Daniels - BFG Series Match
Winner: Austin Aries - 7pts.
(Not to be outdone but this was as good as you can get in TNA right now. This was so good that I made sure I was watching a good match in TNA. This was like watching an instant classic. I am giving this match high respect because both these men don't get enough respect in my opinion. I rarely can say that the last two matches on TNA Impact were good. This match had me speechless.)

After The Main Event: Hogan comes down. He changes the BFG Series by adding a big gauntlet match for next week. He also adds that Sting and Bully Ray will face each other next week and that Bully Ray will face someone from Aces and Eights at the next PPV on TV.
(The only thing I have to say is that AJ Styles could benefit from this gauntlet. Other than that, this might be the end of Aces and Eight or a spit with Aces and Eights. )

Final Thoughts: Well this was funny to watch because the last two matches were four or five stars quality. TNA is trying to be good for the fans but it is still using older talent to push older talent. I just hope that we get better things from TNA soon. They have a PPV on TV in two weeks. Then we will see Bound For Glory on actual PPV. Hoping for something better soon. See you all for WWE Smackdown........



Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment