8/12/13

WWE Raw Review 8/12/13

Note: Well this is going to be a good week for the WWE. We are going to get the best shows before the biggest seasonal PPV of the year. Usually, WWE makes a big deal with their original four PPVS. Summer Slam is the summer PPV. So with that said, hopefully the PPV card will be set and we get to see some positioning before Sunday. So with that said, here is WWE Raw.

Match#1: Daniel Bryan vs. Wade Barrett
Speicial Guest Referee: Brad Maddox
Winner: Wade Barrett with an assist to Brad Maddox
(I said during the Smackdown review that this match would be seen again. I was dead right. I think it is fitting that these men who both were in the original NXT would be in the main roster now. However we all know that Wade Barrett is jobbing because he has no purpose in the WWE right now. However, this was to setup the main event for SummerSlam. Daniel Bryan is still making me believe that he is going to win but we all know that Vince and John Cena are playing us and him like fools. I hope to be proven wrong. As for the match, thanks to Brad Maddox we got fucked out of a better ending.)

Match#2: Randy Orton vs. Damien Sandow - MITB vs. MITB Part 2
Winner: Randy Orton with an assist to Cody Rhodes
(I am so glad this was a quick match because we all know that RKO can be slow at times. Sandow is getting better but not by much. Cody being at ringside was going to make this match go by faster. Thank Cody for the assist. RKO is still good at ending a match. Moving on.....)

Match#3: Natalya and Great Khali vs. AJ Lee and Big E. Langston
Winner: Natalya and Great Khali
(Quick, fast, and in a fucking hurry. That was this match in a nutshell. We barely saw the guys lock up. This was more for the women. We all know that Nattie is also stuck in a storyline with the Bella twins to help promote the stupid diva reality show. I think it was fucked up that the ending was botched. AJ Lee tapped out of the sharpshooter but had to be done again to end the match. Moving on......)

Match#4: Titus O'Neal vs. Kane
Winner: Kane
(This was a jobber match. We all know that Kane could have killed Titus. What's sad is that this was to promote the match at the PPV with Kane and Bray Wyatt. It was not boring to me but we all know that Kane is going to join the family or get the shit beat out of him. Either way, I just want to see an inferno match. )

Match#5: Alberto Del Rio vs. Kofi Kingston - Non Title Match
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
(I changed channels. I saw ADR and was about to nod off. I want to like ADR but he is boring without RR. I know Kofi could have carried this match but he could not carry my attention. Moving on........ )

Match#6: Antonio Cesaro and Jack Swagger vs. The Usos
Winners: The Usos
(I wish I could comment or give an opinion of this match. I cannot. I think Real Americans are racist assholes. The Usos are still young and very ok as a team. This match was lost on me. That's sad because I want to see good tag team matches in WWE but not ones that would put me to a point of confusion. )

Match#7: R-Truth vs. Fandango
Winner: Never Started
(What the fuck?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Moving on........)

Match#8: 20 Man Battle Royal to become the #1 Contender for the US Title - Rob Van Dam, Tensai, Brodus Clay, Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal, Drew McIntyre, Ryback, Mark Henry, Justin Gabriel, Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso, Jack Swagger, Antonio Cesaro, The Great Khali, R-Truth, Fandango, Darren Young, Titus O'Neil, Kofi Kingston, Wade Barrett
Winner: Rob Van Dam
(This was the best thing seen on Raw. Why? This basically showed all the jobbers and mid carders in the WWE. I was laughing my ass off because this was better than seeing a crappy tournament on TV. This was as good as we got to see for WWE Raw. I knew that this was a setup for RVD. What pisses me off is that RVD is not suppose to be a fucking midcarder. Why? You mean to tell me that RVD is not good enough to be a champion. We all know that the mid card titles are worth shit right now. Good ideal but should have been given to someone else. Also we did get to see Big Show come back finally. However, as what. Face or heel?)

Main Event: CM Punk vs. Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar
Winner: No Contest
(Well at least this week, the ending saved the show. CM Punk beating the shit out of Brock Lesnar was epic. This was more for the comic book guys that was labeling this more so Wolverine vs. The Hulk or Wolverine vs. Sabertooth. I was excited to see CM Punk do something that most guys wouldn't be able to do: Take out Brock before a PPV. Seeing Paul Heyman run like a bitch was more epic. Curtis Axel tried to help but was GTSed. Best ending ever.........)

Final Thoughts: Well the PPV is Sunday. We got to see some good things but the point of the show was lost to me during the middle of the show. This is why WWE needs to shorten WWE Raw to two hours. No more bullshit in the middle of the show. I did not talk about the family issues with Triple H/Vince/Steph because this is getting old. I guess less is better this week. See you all for TNA Impact. I might need to drink before that show.




Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment