8/2/13

WWE Smackdown Review 8/2/13

Note: Well unlike WWE Raw which was taped, this week's Smackdown is taped. We all know that Smackdown is taped. Ok, so I am going to assume that this is going to be a good show because I have nothing else to lose with saying that. Also because seeing that WWE Raw was such a lackluster show, I need to make my hopes high for WWE Smackdown. So let's watch and dig in....Here's WWE Smackdown.

Opening Segment: Alberto Del Rio is out to pick is opponent at SummerSlam. He says John Cena wasted his pick on Daniel Bryan because Cena is scared of him. Del Rio says he's chosen Ricardo Rodriguez as his SummerSlam opponent. Out comes Vickie Guerrero. Vickie makes Rob Van Dam vs. Christian vs. Randy Orton with the winner facing Del Rio at SummerSlam for the World Heavyweight Title.
(So where to begin with this bullshit? First of all, Cena did not pick Bryan because he wanted to. It was a setup for their girlfriends to be in the mix. As for ADR, he was basically being a fucking joke with this shit. Also, it was weird to see Vickie be more of a face than a heel in this segment. This was going to be pointless but at least it setup the main event. )

Match#1: Cody Rhodes vs. Jack Swagger
Winner: Cody Rhodes
(I have really not much to say with this match. I say that because Swagger is a joke and Cody is just gearing up to face Sandow. Plus I think this was the first time an opening match was so boring that I watched this match muted. No need to hear the bad bullshit with Cole and A-Ry.)

Match#2: Sin Cara vs. Big E Langston
Winner: Big E. Langston
(This is another match where it was setting up another match for the PPV. I knew this was a jobber match when I saw Big E. damn near kill Sin Cara. This is such a shitty thing to see. So we got to see the setup for Big E./Ziggler match. Moving on. )

Match#3: CM Punk vs. Fandango
Winner: CM Punk
(So this match was suppose to be on last week's Smackdown. I am happy to see it this week. Now I am a fan of CM Punk. I Like his work ethic and also the fact that he has not really change to cater to kids. He is an asshole. He is a blunt guy. Plus he's from the midwest. I think most people like him because he is not Cena. He is not going to kiss Vince's ass. Basically, he is a lot like Stone Cold Steve Austin. This was a good match. Yes, Fandango had a good match. Only because CM Punk carried his ass. Thank you CM Punk for appearing on Smackdown. At least he can give us a good match on both shows. )

Match#4: AJ Lee vs. Kaitlyn - Divas Title Match
Winner: AJ Lee
(Well I am going to say that this was not the best match they have had but this was better than seeing the fucking Bellas. At least these chicks can wrestle. These women can make people watch women wrestle. This was not their best but this was still good to watch. I loved that we finally got to see Layla turn heel and is now BFF to AJ Lee. My god, all the nerd just fap to the though. )

Main Event: Christian vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Randy Orton - #1 Contender to the World Heavyweight Title
Winner: Christian - #1 Contender to the World Heavyweight Title
(I will admit that this was the best main event on Smackdown in a while. This was like going back in time to 2007. Christian was moving around more. RKO was bouncing around like he had fire in his tights. My god, even RVD was acting like this was old ECW. I was skeptical with this match but my god, I was dead wrong. )


Final Thoughts: Smackdown is only two hours. Why did it seem like the last hour was more filled with good matches and good angles than the first hour? I think the writers are getting lazier and the editors hacked some stuff. Either way, this was a better show than WWE Raw. That's fucking sad to say even with the bad editing. So I guess this week's shows are done and next week's might be better to watch and easier to deal with. See you all for WWE Raw. Live I hope.







Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment