8/18/13

WWE Summer Slam PPV Review 8/18/13

Note: I love seeing Summer Slam on PPV. It reminds me that it is close to my birthday and also the end of summer in my eyes. WWE is known for setting up things in between their original four PPVs. I just hope this PPV lives up to the hype that it has gotten in the last few weeks. Also adding that the divas drama show was helping with the by rates and overall hype to new and old fans. Here's WWE Summer Slam.................

Pre-Show/Match#1: Rob Van Dam vs. Dean Ambrose - US Title Match
Winner: Rob Van Dam via DQ
(Well this is the first time there was no Miz or Sheamus starting the show. This should have been in the main PPV. This was a good match for the most part. Love seeing Ambrose be a tough wrestler. He is a good wrestler and a good worker in the business. RVD is out of sorts in this match but he still makes this a good match to watch. Like I said, this should have been on the actual PPV. )

Match#2: Kane vs. Bray Wyatt - Ring Of Fire Match
Winner: Bray Wyatt
(This was a match I called bullshit on. Why? Well it is because we all know that Kane is going to retire soon. So we will see him in a heel role soon. This is not the way to do it. Plus we all know that if Kane is a heel then people are about to get taken out. I am trying to be a fan of the Wyatt Family. I am trying to like Bray Wyatt. However, the sad thing is that when you change a character, it is hard to see them as something else. However, this character is different and does not look like his former character. The match as a whole was good. I love seeing Inferno/Ring of Fire matches. At least this was not wasted or ended with a DQ.)

Match#3: Damien Sandow vs. Cody Rhodes
Winner: Cody Rhodes
(I hate that this was a good tag team that could have been tag champs. However, WWE wanted them to break up. What pissed me off was that this was a pointless match. All the setup to this match was to me was former partners facing each other. I would have loved to see the MITB briefcase up for grabs. Or something with a good stipulations. This should have been the pre-show match. Not good but ok. )

Match#4: Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio - World Heavyweight Title Match
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
(Really? ADR kept the title. What the fuck? You mean to tell me that Sandow is going to win the title from ADR. When? ADR is not a bad guy but he lacks the charisma to get over with the fans. Especially the older fans who can see through his bullshit while he was being the heel. Basically, we all know that WWE hates Christian because he is not what Vince wants as a champion. However, this was a good match. Nothing wrong with the match except the ending. Christian should have won the match. )

Match#5: Natalya vs. Brie Bella
Winner: Natalya
(This should have been made a match to see who is the fucking star of the E! show. I mean I will watch the show for Nattie, Cameron, Naomi, and the young girls but fuck the Bellas. Nattie should be a title contender. Nattie is a good wrestler and should not be carrying other divas in a match. This was basically a waste of time except seeing Nattie win. )

Match#6: CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar - NO DQ Match
Winner: Brock Lesnar
(Both these men are human. As much as we all joked that this is Wolverine vs. The Hulk, or Wolverine vs. Sabertooth, this was Punk/Brock. This is going to be like the feud with Brock/Triple H. This is not the end but the begining. I think it was a good way to setup the awesomeness of seeing Brock and Punk. I cannot wait to see this match happen again. )

Match#7: Dolph Ziggler and Kaitlyn vs. Big E Langston and AJ Lee
Winners: Dolph Ziggler and Kaitlyn
(This was a perfect FAP match. Both these women are hot as fuck. I love seeing them in the ring together or apart. This was a good match because both men and women basically made this a noteworthy match. I think it is time to see Ziggler in the main event. Also time for the ladies to go in seperate ways. This was going to be a last match with these four people but I know we will see a rematch soon. )

Main Event: Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena - WWE Title Match #1
Winner: Daniel Bryan - New WWE Champion
(I am not a apart of the IWC. I tend to individualize myself and also seeing things different than most IWC fans. This was better to see than seeing Super Cena win and Super Cena get booed by everyone. I am so glad to see this finally happen. I also know that Cena is about to get surgery on his elbow. So this was more so not a fair match because Cena was not at 100%. So congratulations Daniel Bryan!!!!!!!)

WWE Title Match: Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan - WWE Match #2
Winner: Randy Orton - New WWE Champion
(Fuck this shit! Since when does the MITB winner cash in so soon? I think it is funny that RKO cashed in after having an assist to Triple H turning heel and taking out Bryan while he was celebrating his win. I went from laughing to crying because seeing RKO with the title was epic because we got the heel RKO back. So my tears are filled with joy not upset. Good job WWE with the change of plans. )

Final Thoughts: Well WWE made it clear that Cena is gone. RKO is champion. Bryan was screwed by Triple H. Most of the middle card was ok at best. Also we need to stop having hosts of shows. WWE PPVs are suppose to be PPVs not fucking lauchpads for social media bullshit. I actually paid for this PPV with my birthday cash and after seeing this PPV, I automatically got refunded and saw this for free. Why did I get a refund? Well it is because I watch 95% of this PPV. The second main event was cut off of my cable feed. So I had to watch the other main event via WWE App. Yes, I used the fucking app to see the official end of the PPV. Good PPV but the show after this will be better only because of the rematches and also the setup with the new title holder - RKO. See you all for WWE Raw.





Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment