2/22/13

TNA Impact Review 2/21/13

Note: This TNA show falls just before their epic house show in my hometown of Detroit, MI. Even though we all know that this episode was taped, I love assuming the best before seeing the worse. With that in mind, I had to remember what's going on in TNA because my attention is more on WWE and the road to Wrestlemania. I just hope Aces and Eights do something good tonight and not do anything out of the WCW playbook. Here's TNA Impact........

Match#1: Daniels, Kazarian, Austin Aries, and Bobby Roode vs. Chavo Guerrero, Hernandez, Mr. Parks, and James Storm
Winners: Chavo Guerrero, Mr. Parks, Hernandez, James Storm
(This was probably the best clusterfucked match of TNA. I mean this was a mash up of good wrestling with bad plot. I mean I was loving Aries and Roode basically outshine Kaz and Daniels. I loved seeing James Storm and the Mexicans do work in the ring. As for Joseph Park, well I miss Abyss. This match was weird to see but good to witness. By the way, why did the show look like they were in an empty arena. I mean it looked bad.)

Match#2: Robbie E w/ Robbie T vs. Rockstar Spud
Winner: Rockstar Spud
(The only reason why I wanted to see this match is because I wanted to see if Rockstar Spud can wrestle. He can wrestle. He will fit in with the TNA roster because WWE would job him to Brodus Clay or Khali. As for this match, it was boring to watch. I guess because the Jersey Shore rejects are boring to me. So moving on........)

Match#3: Velvet Sky vs. Gail Kim vs. Ms. Tessmacher vs. Tara - Knockout Title Match
Winner: Velvet Sky - New Champion
(Where to beging with this match? So what the fuck happened to having Tara be the KO champ? I loved seeing her in the ring and that ass........Also since when do we eliminate the champ first? I was pissed with that happening. Next person eliminated was Tessmacher. I was like Meh. I was rooting for my Asian love to win. I do love Gail Kim in TNA. In WWE, she was barely there. So Velvet Sky is going to be like Kelly Kelly in WWE. She will be the female Cena. Moving on......)

Match#4: Garett Bischoff vs. Samoa Joe
Winner: No Contest
(Realistically, Samoa Joe would have choked him in like 2 minutes. However, this was not as quick. I wanted to see this end clean but we gotta build up heat for Aces and Eights. So this was a good match but a shitty ending. Nice save, Kurt Angle...)

Match#5: Kenny King vs. Rob Van Dam - X-Division Title Match
Winner: Rob Van Dam
(I was so disgusted with this fucking match. I don't like RVD as he is now. He's a paycheck player. He's done. Kenny King should be champ. This match was a fucking joke.)

Main Event: Devon, Mr. Anderson, and Doc vs. Sting and Bully Ray
Winners: Aces & Eights
After the main event: The entire Aces & Eights gang beat Sting down in the ring as Bubba comes back out to the ramp to check on Hulk and Brooke, and Aces & Eights is standing tall as we call it a week.
(So fucking thankful that Hogan did not wrestle. I would have quit watching wrestling and take up yoga. Hogan and Sting needs to retire. What the fuck is the point of still wrestling in their 60's. As for this match, thank you TNA for allowing Aces and Eights to win a damn match. The match as a whole was boring and I did nod off in the beginning.)

Final Thoughts: Before I begin, I did ignore the opening because we all know that Hogan is showing favortism to Bully Ray. Well I guess this was not a bad show but then again, I did watch other shows while watching this. I do want to thank NODQ because I did miss part of this show. I guess I will say that this show was that forgettable. I say that because I want to see change but got shit wrapped in more shit. Time to move on to WWE Smackdown and see the mess there.




Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment