2/8/13

WWE Smackdown Review 2/8/13


Note: So what's the point of having seperate brands when you can just continue a story on the other show? I say that because it is funny to watch Smackdown guys only to see what happens next on Smackdown itself. I really think WWE needs to truly end the concept of brand seperation. I hope this show will expand what happened on WWE Raw. So let's dig into WWE Smackdown......

Opening Segment: Big Show is shown arriving on his bus. He comes to the ring and cuts a promo, announcing that Alberto Del Rio is suspended. Show blames Booker T for what happened and out he comes. Show vs. Kane is announced.
(Well at least this was a good way to start the show. I mean it is better than a tape recap. Big Show is dressing like a classy fellow. This whole feud is getting better because it is funny and dramatic at the same time. I think it is only a going to get better because the worst is over.)

Match#1: Cody Rhodes vs. Kofi Kingston
Winner: Cody Rhodes
(So this was a so so match. Kofi did his thing and so did Cody. I wish there was more to this match. However, I just think Cody is being degraded to the mid card, and Kofi is stuck in mid card hell for life. I can't wait to see them do more.)

Match#2: The Great Khali vs. Titus O'Neil
Winner: The Great Khali
(This was boring. This was more than boring. This was like watching paint dry in hell. I was so bored to tears watching this match that I was crying my eyes out. My tears tasted salty. I am done with this match.)

After the match: Mark Henry comes out and destroys Khali to a big pop. Henry announces the Hall of Pain is back open. Henry wants a spot in the Chamber match. Booker comes out and announces Henry vs. Randy Orton.
(This was better than seeing the fucking match. Thank you Mark Henry for being a bad ass motherfucker. This was cool because we do need to make room for another bad ass heel in the WWE and Smackdown. This made my day......)

Match#3: Big Show vs. Kane
Winner: Big Show
(Damn, this was so quick that I blinked and missed this. Why? I love seeing these men wrestle because they can work with what they got. Big Show is a good heel and Kane is a good face. Their matches in the past were classics. I love how Kane had a chance to beat the big man but one KO and the match was over.)

After the match: Alberto Del Rio is outside in the parking lot and he's taken the wheels off Show's tour bus. Show comes to the parking lot but gets a bunch of paint dropped on top of him from the roof. Del Rio laughs and drives off.
(This is the comedy in this feud. I loved the paint shit. This was fucking hilarious because of the missing tires on a big ass bus. No black guys could have done this in the amount of time this occured. Funny shit. Thank you Big Show and ADR.)

Match#4: Jack Swagger vs. Justin Gabriel
Winner: Jack Swagger
(This was a classic jobber match. Swagger is back. I am glad to see him back to maybe get his U.S. title back. I would love to see him in the title picture because he's young and hungry for the WHC.)

Match#5: Tensai vs. Drew McIntyre
Winner: Tensai by DQ
(I am literally sick from watching this match. 3MB is basically three jobbers with a comedic gimmick. Brodus Clay is a joke in his own right. Now Tensai is going from a monster heel to a joke again. He was a joke back in the day but he was suppose to be a monster. This is total bullshit.)

Match#6: Antonio Cesaro vs. Sin Cara
Winner: Antonio Cesaro
(This was boring. I don't like Cesaro as a mid card champ. I was bored because no action and hated the whole Sin Cara lighting. I am tired of both these men attempting to put on good matches. This was shit.)

Main Event: Mark Henry vs. Randy Orton
Winner: Mark Herny
(Um, this was a mismatch. We all knew that Mark Henry was going to be in the elimanation chamber match at the PPV. RKO did not have a fighting chance. This was like watching a bear stomp a snake. So I am glad to see him in the title hunt. RKO should be gearing up for that heel turn that should be coming in 2013.)

Final Thoughts: Unlike WWE Raw, WWE Smackdown does not pick up steam until the end. Smackdown ends with something either stupid or ridiculious. Unlike last night's TNA show, there is a lot to fucking bitch about. For one, why is Big Show and ADR being put in the back burner to Rock and CM Punk? Also why is there a sense of a seperation between Raw and Smackdown? We all know that there is not any. Why is Tensai being made into a big joke? Because WWE can't do shit for him. Basically, there are more questions than answers. See you all for WWE Raw and let's hope to get answers not more questions.







Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment