2/18/13

WWE Elimination Chamber PPV - 2/17/13


Note: This is the PPV that precedes the mega PPV of Wrestlemania. This PPV is going to setup the events of Wrestlemania to Summer Slam. Will we see something new? I hope so because it is hard to be positive with WWE. Will we see someone else come back to WWE? I hope so because we need to see all hands on deck for Wrestlemania. It is fitting to have more questions than answers in the WWE and WWE PPVs. So here is the PPV called Elimination Chamber...........

Pre Show Match: Team Rhodes Scholars vs. Tensai and Brodus Clay
Winners: Tensai and Brodus Clay
(Ok, this was basically a bullshit match. I say that because it is easier to see jobber matches on Superstars or Saturday Morning Slam but in this case, it was bullshit. So we know that Team Rhodes Scholars broke up because we need to see Cody and Damien in singles matches. The killer thing is that these men are good as a team. However, with Tensai and Brodus Clay it is like watching a deer walk away from an accident. I hope that this train wreck ends soon because I almost lost my lunch watching this match.)

Match#1: Alberto Del Rio vs. Big Show - World Heavyweight Title Match
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
(WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why am I seeing a title match such as this as the first match? Really WWE? Is this a main title or a fucking mid card title? Why is this match first? This was a good match to say the least because these men made the whole feud interesting and comical. I hated that this was the first match but it was good to start the show with something good.)

Match#2: Antonio Cesaro vs. The Miz - U.S. Title Match
Winner: Antonio Cesaro by DQ
(JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, at least the WHC is a major title but this title is beginning to be bullshit. We all know that The Miz is in trouble with WWE because he almost killed CM Punk at a house show. So this was almost like watching shit slide down a wall. This was so sad to watch this match. The ending is total bullshit. We all know that this title is not going to leave Cesaro anytime soon.)

Match#3: Chris Jerricho vs. Kane Vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Mark Henry vs. Randy Orton vs. Jack Swagger - Elimination Chamber Match
Winner: Jack Swagger - #1 Contender for the WHC
(So why is this match in the middle? Because this match is not as important as seeing The Rock. Also this is match for the secondary title. This was a good match. This actually made the night ok to deal with. These men did create new matches and feuds for days to come. Also we saw the possible end of Team Hell No. So as for Swagger, well I see that I am hoping that Swagger is not going to be wearing a white sheet or at a KKK rally. However, I do see a very racist angle with Swagger and Del Rio. I am hoping Ziggler steals the show.)

Match#4: The Shield vs. John Cena, Sheamus and Ryback
Winners: The Shield
(On paper, this was a gimme for Cena and friends. However, thank you WWE for making this an interesting match. We did not see Cena pull a no seller. We did not see Sheamus pull a no seller. Thank you WWE for making this a watchable match. The Shield is law. )

Match#5: Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
(This was a gift match. We were blessed to see Ziggler in the PPV. We also were blessed to see Big E Langston do some work. Thank you guys for gracing us with your presence at the PPV.)

Match#6: Tamina vs. Kaitlyn - WWE Divas Title Match
Winner: Kaitlyn
(Well I saw my love. I drooled at little. I was so loving this match. We all know that this was a crappy match. However, these women are legit wrestlers. I am starting to like Tamina because a tall woman is sexy to me. However, what made me almost miss this match was how quick this match took. Thank you ladies for the images.)

Main Event: The Rock vs. CM Punk - WWE Title Match
Winner: The Rock
(Well the good news is that this match was good. The good news is that this match was better than the second time around. The bad news in that we will see Rock/Cena II at Wrestlemania. I have nothing else because I really hated to see this match end the way it did.)


Final Thoughts: Well I like the matches that made sense. I like seeing people who will be in the big show of Wrestlemania. I hope to see something great this Monday because most of this PPV was padding to Wrestlemania. We are going to table this discussion for another time. By the way, this PPV had more questions I wish to ask but will ask them as I go. See you all for WWE Raw.




Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment