10/20/13

TNA Bound For Glory PPV Review 10/20/13

Note: Well it is my favorite PPV of TNA - Bound For Glory. Last year, I basically was not in favor of what was occuring. I was actually pissed with the angle with AJ Styles not being able to get a title shot for one year. This angle made me figure that AJ Styles was going to win this year's BFG Series. What was sad was the way it lead to him winning. Basically a goof on TNA's part to give AJ Styles a huge point win. That's the major angle of tonight. However, what is killing me is the lack of excitement for the rest of the card. I finally get to see an X Division Title match but Jeff Hardy is involved. Why? Then Samoa Joe is in the mix. Why? I am also excited to see a triple threat match for the KO Title. However, this might be a clusterfuck with the KO title. This PPV has a lot of questions but I hope some will be answered. Here's TNA BOund For Glory 2013...

Pre-Show/Match#1: Bad Influence (Kazarian and Daniels) vs. BroMans (Robbie E and Jesse Godderz) vs. Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez vs. Eric Young and Joseph Park - Gauntlet Match for the #1 Contendership for the TNA Tag Titles
Winners: Jesse Godderz and Robbie E - #1 Contenders
(Well I think TNA just pissed me off with this. You mean to tell me that out of all these teams that was in this match that this was a good idea. Also you mean to tell me that TNA wouldn't book this match with half of the shit going on. I am trying to keep my anger in check. If you don't agree that I should not be pissed at this match or the winners, you definately have not read this blog or understand that I like good wrestling not bullshit. )

Match#2: Jeff Hardy vs. Samoa Joe vs. Chris Sabin vs. Austin Aries vs. Manik - Ultimate X for the TNA X Division Title
Winner: Chris Sabin - New X Division Champion
(Thank you God!!! This was awesome. I think I want to see this match over again because this was awesome. Will someone please tell me why Dixie Carter and others in TNA can't see the potential of having the X Division. Also this was so good that I want to see more. I was happy with the match and the result. Only exception was seeing Hardy move around in the ring. It was sad. )

Match#3: James Storm and Gunner vs. BroMans - TNA World Tag Team Championship Match
Winners: Jesse Godderz and Robbie E - New Tag Team Champs
(NO!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK IS TNA THINKING? WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!?!? Moving on.....)

Match#4: ODB vs. Brooke vs. Gail Kim -  TNA Knockouts Championship Match
Winner: Gail Kim - New KO Champion
(I am in love with Gail Kim in TNA. I think Gail Kim is better in TNA than in WWE. This just proved my point. ODB is good as well. She does work her ass off. I don't give her too much credit. She comes off as goofy but she is not. Brooke was just there. Thanks to Lei'd Tapia for the save and it is clear that she is the new bodyguard of the new champion. )

Match#5: Kurt Angle vs. Bobby Roode
Winner: Bobby Roode
(So last time we saw a wrestler lose his edge it was Jeff Hardy. When Jeff Hardy lost his edge, it was sad to watch him wrestle Sting and then try to act like nothing is wrong. Kurt Angle is now where Jeff Hardy is now. This was sad to watch. Plus with all that happened at the TNA Hall of Fame, I will say that Angle is now with the group that needs to retire. This match was shit. Bobby Roode basically wrestled his ass off and got a gimmie match out of this. What the fuck ever?)

Match#6: Ethan Carter III vs. Norv Pernum
Winner: Ethan Carter III
(I honestly think this is TNA's piss poor attempt to make a former WWE into someone he is not in TNA. Other than that, I thought this was bullshit and was pointless. )

Match#7: Sting vs. Magnus
Winner: Magnus
(What was the purpose of this match? I mean this was not a fair match for Sting because he needs to retire. If they supposedly got rid of Hogan, then get rid of Sting. This was a sad match to watch because this will lead to Magnus turning heel for the 1000th time. Time to end this......)

Main Event: AJ Styles vs. Bully Ray - TNA Heavyweight Title Match
Winner: AJ Styles
(AJ Styles is the CM Punk of TNA. This was basically a rip off of CM Punk leaving WWE with the title and being gone for like a month or two. This was not only a rip off of WWE but they added the fact that AJ Styles basically was alone in this match. Bully Ray threw almost everything at AJ Styles. I mean this was like AJ's supposed last night as a wrestler in TNA. Dixie was selling his shit for cheap. I mean I basically knew he would win and also take the title home. Nothing else can be said in this because I seen this in WWE. Except, CM Punk played us like fools while he was supposedly out of WWE. I guess Dixie will be dumb. )

Final Thoughts: Do you guys remember me saying that there are a lot of questions in this PPV but not answers. Well some questions were answered and some made for more questions. Abyss finally comes back. He did not have the TV title. What the fuck was up with that? Kurt Angle needs to retire. I will say that again and over and over. Basically, as much as I was excited to see this PPV, there were more questions that poppped up. I will be honest with you all that I am happy to see titles change and see some things but TNA is definately copying off of WWE with their angles. See you all for WWE Raw. Now we get to see hype for Super Cena for one more week.







Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment