10/17/13

TNA Impact Review 10/17/13

Note: This is the setup show for Bound For Glory PPV. Last year, I would admit that I did care about the matches and also the storylines involved. I also cared about who and what was going on in TNA at the time. This year is so different because of all the bullshit backstage and also other reasons. One big thing was Aces and Eights. What's ironic is that Aces and Eights basically is down to three guys. AJ Styles who went through a change in gimmicks was the loner and the focus for shitty storylines. Thank god, he is back to normal. It seems like everything else is blurred. So let's watch TNA Impact and see what comes out clear aside from the TNA Title picture.

Opening Segment: AJ Styles opened the show and cut a promo on Bully Ray and Bound For Glory. There will be a contract signing later tonight.
(I love how all wrestling shows have contract signings with some drama and fights. This would not be any different. I think TNA might do something stupid with this title match because either AJ Styles will be screwed out of the title or he will win and Dixie might take the title from him. This might be a shitty storyline but a good match. )

Match#1: Robbie E vs. Eric Young vs. Daniels vs. Hernandez - Fatal 4 Way Match
Winner: Robbie E
(The winner of this match would have the advantage with their tag partner to enter the tag team gauntlet match at the PPV last. It took me a second to realize the purpose of this match. TNA tends to make unique match stipulations. This would have been a match I ignored or change channels on. As soon as I saw Daniels in this match, I watched just to see if he would win. I was pissed seeing Robbie E steal this win. Aside from that, this was not a good match but typical for guys like Hernandez and EY. )

Match#2: Gunner vs. Knux
Winner: Gunner
(This match was so bad that I wish to have not sat still to watch it. I actually would have watched paint dry than watch this. Gunner was on fire but now I think he needs to go away again just to get some momentum. Who the fuck is Knux? Aces and Eights is over. Moving on. )

Match#3: Samoa Joe vs. Chris Sabin
Winner: Samoa Joe
(This was so much like a one sided match. We all know that Chris Sabin is a good small man but he could not take out Samoa Joe. This was a good match for the most part. I love that we get to see the X division getting some popularity in TNA again. The action after the match was not good but it made the match for the X division title at the PPV relevant. )

Main Event: Bully Ray vs. Magnus
Winner: Bully Ray
(This was actually a slow match. Not because Bully Ray slowed down the tempo but because Magnus is not a fast wrestler. This would setup two matches for the PPV. We saw that Bully Ray didn't need Aces and Eights to help cheat. We also saw that Magnus is going to be heel again and will face Samoa Joe and Sting again. This was also a match were I think people would agree that we won't care about in a year from now. )

After The Main Event: Bully Ray and AJ Styles contract signing for Bound For Glory. They didn't fight but closed it with a stare down.
(This was actually wrong. We did see some action but it was for a second. Time to end this review. )


Final Thoughts: AJ Styles was a marked man thanks to Dixie Carter. Not only did she put a bounty on him but with fake money. This was just like what occurred some years ago with DX and Johnathan Coachman. Nice to know that TNA does use the WWE playbook sometimes. I think I could have gone without watching this show or have done a review for this show. However, seeing that I am a wrestling fan and if I lived through the kiddish shit of the 1980's, I can live through the PG bullshit of WWE and TNA. The PPV will not be the best but it is going to be interesting to see how this would go. See you all for WWE Smackdown and also TNA Bound For Glory.






Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment