10/6/13

WWE Battleground PPV Review 10/6/13

Note: This is the newest PPV concept from WWE. My question is: why are we making more PPVs? As a fan of WWE, they are oversaturating PPVs. My god, it is sad to see this day because as a kid, four PPVs was it. Now it is like paying for TV shows with an edge. This is called Battleground but it should be called WWE Raw: Battleground. I really don't have anything nice to say because this is a joke of a PPV. So here's WWE Battleground...

Pre-Show/Match#1: Damien Sandow vs. Dolph Ziggler
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
(Will someone please explain why this was put on the pre-show? This was good enough to be in the actual PPV. I hate that WWE have a pre-show. It is bad enough to see three hours of WWE Raw but damn a three and a half hour PPV is over kill. Ziggler did steal the show and so did Sandow. This was a good quality match that could be for a title or a contendership for a title. This should have been on the main PPV.)

Match#2: Alberto Del Rio vs. Rob Van Damn - World Heavyweight Championship Title Match
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
(Ugh...This was a rough match to watch. I love HARDCORE!!!! This was as good as it could get. RVD was in his element in this match. ADR was not boring because this was more than a title match. I love all the spots and shit we got to see. I loved the weapons used in the match. Am I pissed that RVD did not get the title? Nope... We all knew that RVD is going off TV to heal and come back before Wrestlemania. As for ADR, well it is going to be a rough few months to see him as champion. However, I know by Surivivor Series we might see something. )

Match#3: The Real Americans (Antonio Cesaro and Jack Swagger) vs. Santino Marella and The Great Khali
Winners: The Real Americans
(This match should have been on the pre-show. I don't want to see this in the middle of the PPV. I wish this something I cared about. I did not care about this match. SSDD to me. I was actually watching football at this point. I think I was laughing that The Great Khali cannot do movies because WWE wants to make him a joke. )

Match#4: Curtis Axel vs. R-Truth - IC Title Match
Winner: Curtis Axel
(So this was added at the last minute but why. We all know that R-Truth is never getting another title in WWE. We all know that Curtis Axel is not suppose to be a joke but he is. This was a good match but to be honest, we need to see more competition for the mid card titles. This was still a good match just need more.)

Match#5: Brie Bella vs. AJ Lee - Divas Title Match
Winner: AJ Lee
(Was it me or was this short as hell? This was a quick match. I was happy to see AJ Lee and even happier to see Tamina. As soon as I saw the Bellas, I started doing shots. WWE loves them but when they open their mouths, people get dumber and dumber. The match was quick but why was it quick. I was happy to see that the title did not change hands. Thank you WWE for not giving into the pressure of making the Bellas the face of the division. )

Match#6: Cody Rhodes and Goldust vs. The Shield (Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns)
Winners: Cody Rhodes and Goldust - They get their jobs back.
(This was the fucking match of the night. I never though to see both Rhodes brothers do some good work. This should have been a tag title match. I think I was hard on Cody for not being good. As for Goldust, he is still good. I wanted to see them in a match for Wrestlemania and still do. The Shield are still a good team. This was still a good match. I wish I could say more. This was a good tag team match. Thank god they got their jobs backs. )

Match#7: Kofi Kingston vs. Bray Wyatt
Winner: Bray Wyatt
(As I watch this match, I think I was hoping to see a good match. I did think this was a good match but at the same time, it was shitty. I love Kofi and think he should either go heel or get a fucking title match. He is a good jobber and needs to be in the main event not jobbing to newer guys. Bray Wyatt is a creepy character. The spot of the night was seeing him do the crab walk like in the movie The Exorcist. After seeing that shit, I changed back to football. Moving on...)

Match#8: CM Punk vs. Ryback
Winner: CM Punk
(So as I am watching this match, I am expecting to see greatness from both men. What I got out of this match was not greatness but more so real life heat. Why? We all know that CM Punk is wrestling injured and Ryback wrestles stiff at times. So this was going to be a match where we see who does what to who. This was not a boring match. However, this was not a good match. I was just happy to see this end. Nothing against CM Punk but we all know that Ryback is not a main eventer.)

Main Event: Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton - WWE Title Match
Winner: No Contest
(I never thought I would say this about a title match on a PPV but BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! WWE was building this epic match where the title would be crowned but we got this shit. The match was good. Daniel Bryan was on fire tonight. We got to see him do everything outside of throwing RKO into the crowd and beating him with chairs. RKO was good in this match and was reminding people the real reason why he is called the Viper. This is what a championship match is suppose to be like. However, crying bullshit at the end is totally justified. Also, I guess Big Show is in the title picture or is slowly going heel. Either way, it is about time to make Big Show a part of this mess. This reminded me of all the bullshit endings with Austin, The Rock, and even Cena's matches in PPVs.)

Final Thoughts: Well I was right about this PPV. This was more of a Raw show with a bite. The best match was a match where two brothers get their jobs back. Everthing else was SSDD except the main event. I think it is fun to go back to the well to rehash old storylines and make them new again. We also know that it is cool to see Triple H and Stephanie have a power trip. However, it is pissing me off to not see a WWE champion. Also it is pissing me off to see that without no Cena, we get a shitty ending like that. So you mean to tell me that if Cena was still around, then we will get to see WWE without a champion. That's bullshit. See you all for WWE Raw.









Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment