10/31/13

TNA Impact Review 10/31/13

Note: Well as TNA Impact starts, I think we are seeing the same storyline as WWE CM Punk/John Cena/Triple H back in 2011. I have said in the past that TNA has run out of storylines and go to WWE for good or bad storyline ideals. Personally, I think it is time for TNA to go back to Florida and go back to taping shows and occasionally travel. I will try to see TNA live before this happen. I think TNA can be better but I think it is only a matter of time before TNA ends up being broke like WCW. Before then, let's try to enjoy these shows and hope for the best. Here's TNA Impact...

Opening Segment: Dixie Carter is in the ring and announces a tournament to crown a new World Heavyweight Champion after running down AJ Styles for leaving the company with the title. The tournament will begin next week. She brings the participants to the stage - Austin Aries, Jeff Hardy, Samoa Joe, Magnus, Kurt Angle, James Storm, Chris Sabin and Bobby Roode. Also there will be a gauntlet match for the final spot tonight.
(Like I said before, this ideal was done in WWE but this is different because at least we won't know who will in this tournament. I think Dixie is not getting better acting because she comes off like most southern women on TV, lost in the lights and the dialogue. Trying to watch this, was like watching Honey Boo Boo wide awake, it was painful. )

Match#1: Gail Kim vs. ODB
Winner: Gail Kim
(I have damn near proclaimed my love for Gail Kim. I have made it clear that she is better off in TNA because she can wrestle. Also it should be said that TNA women's matches go longer than WWE's divas matches. This was not as good as their match at the last PPV but this is going to be a good storyline as long as no one gets fired. )

Match#2: Ethan Carter III vs. The Jobber He Fought @ Bound For Glory
Winner: Ethan Carter III
(I went to the bathroom during this match. I did forget the guy he was wrestling. Personally, this was bullshit. Thank god, I did not waste time by watching this match. I actually spent my time eating dinner while this match was going on. Moving on. )

Match#3: Sting, Kaz, Knux, Eric Young, Daniels, Manik, and Magnus - Gauntlet Match For The Final Spot in the TNA Championship
Winner: Magnus
(Well this was cool to watch. I still think Sting should be gone. He and Hogan needs to retire for good. The match at first was boring because no one was being eliminated until Magnus got in the ring. I was laughing because when I saw Manik in the ring, it was like seeing Rey Mysterio get into a ring with guys taller than 6'5". I did not care too much for the bullshit storyline with Magnus and Sting. Main Event Mafia is about to be over and we will see a match with Sting and Magnus where Magnus wins and turns heel. )

Match#4: BroMans (Jesse Godderz and Robbie E) vs. Gunner and James Storm
Winners: BroMans
(I wanted Gunner and Storm to win the titles back. I would rather see OBD and EY with those titles. These wannabe posers as champions make me sick. They are doing their jobs because I hate them as characters. This was boring because of them and quick because of them. Moving on. )

Main Event: Bobby Roode vs. Kurt Angle
Winner: Bobby Roode by Count Out
(Their match from Bound For Glory was better but not by much. I think Angle is not ready to wrestle. He should still be in rehab because he looks at times like he needs a drink. I know that was wrong to say but it is true. Angle is not ready to retire and I think he got a couple more matches in him. Angle is not going to leave TNA but he does need to get help. As for Roode, he did his job. He is the best heel in TNA right now. He does have the IT factor. This could have been a good match but they are in a shitty storyline.)

Final Thoughts: I will admit that I left out some stuff. I will be honest that, more than likely, it will be repeated for next week's live show. Just like WWE with the constant repetition of dumb shit. As for the show, well there was some good points. NO X Division match but Chris Sabin is in the tournament for the TNA Championship. I will hope that next week is better. Good night and see you all for WWE Smackdown.






Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment