10/27/13

WWE Hell In A Cell PPV Review 10/27/13

Note: This is Hell In A Cell. The PPV from WWE that was the basis of a gimmick match. I said my piece about this PPV. I just want to see something cool and different. People like me is tired of SSDD from WWE. It is not right for WWE to not act like there is no reason to put on good PPVs and shows for all their fans. I also feel like segmenting shows for kids is bullshit since they are going backwards from what they were. So with that said, here's WWE Hell In A Cell and hope for a good PPV show.

Pre-Show/Match#1: Damien Sandow vs. Kofi Kingston
Winner: Damien Sandow
(This match was good enough to be on the actual PPV. I was actually shocked that Sandow did not make a point to possibly cash in his MITB contract later tonight. I guess it is being saved for later. Kofi did his thing tonight because he was flying and moving all over the place. Sandow is getting better in the ring because he has slowed down his beat down skills.)

Match#2: The Usos vs. Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns vs. Cody Rhodes and Goldust - WWE Tag Team Title Match
Winners: Goldust and Cody Rhodes
(For the second time in two days, I saw another good clusterfuck. This was a huge clusterfuck. This was good enough as a regular tag title match but making it a triple threat tag match was epic. This was a good match because we got to see all the tag teams do what they do best. No one was wasted in this match. I was happy to see this match because I want to see more tag team matches. I want to see good ones. This was a good tag team match. Nothing else needs to be said. )

Match#3: Summer Rae and Fandango vs. Natalya and The Great Khali
Winners: Fandango and Summer Rae
(I am going to move on because I really did not care about this match. I am not speechless but I am so pissed with this shit. I was busy making food during this match. )

Match#4: Big E Langston vs. Dean Ambrose -  WWE United States Title Match
Winner: Big E Langston by Count Out
(I will call bullshit on this match. This was a good match. So good that both men was busted open. I would have loved to see this match with a winner. I could have lived with Big E. being the new U.S. champ. However, this was to setup a feud with The Shield. So good job with that. )

Match#5: CM Punk vs. Ryback and Paul Heyman - Handicap Hell In a Cell Match
Winner: CM Punk
(This was the best non title match of the night. I actually cried because this was like watching old school WWF and also the original ECW. This was so fucking awesome that the fanboy in me came out. I was hyped to see this because I knew that this was going to be a gory and bloody match. All these men need to be thanked for this because it is a rarity to see this kind of match in PG era WWE. Best non title match of the night. )

Match#6: Los Matadores vs. Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro
Winners: Los Matadores
(Moving on and no comment. #WWEBullshit)

Match#7: John Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio - World Heavyweight Title Match
Winner : John Cena - New Champion
(This was a match where I couldn't give two shits about. I don't like Cena for being the fucking poster child of PG era WWE. I don't like Del Rio because he had no charisma and was basically champ out of necessity. This was basically a match for the people who gives a fuck. I will move on because you see who won. )

Match#8: Brie Bella vs. AJ Lee
Winner: AJ Lee
(I think WWE is deliberately making the Divas match shorter and shorter. I should say that they don't give the Divas a lot of time for their matches. I would love to see a match go longer than 3-4 minutes. I was happy with the winner and at least we did not have to see something that would be bullshit. )

Main Event: Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton - Hell In a Cell for the Vacant WWE Title
Winner: Randy Orton
(I actually cared about this match. This was the best WWE title match in a couple of years. The title was crowned to someone. That's a good thing. There was chaos in and out the ring. That was a good thing as well. I loved that this was the main event and also was the best title match of the night. I was cheering for both because RKO is back to what I like him as: The Monster Heel. Daniel Bryan was read for this match. However, the ending was funny as hell. HBK just proved what was best for business. Don't fuck with HBK or his friend Triple H. Thank god we have a champion again. )

Final Thoughts: Well this was not a good PPV but it was not shitty. I think WWE does need to end the gimmick PPVs. We need to see more real PPVs not gimmicks. I think if we see a Hell In A Cell match, it should be a one in a while thing. This PPV was not bad but it was bad at times. WWE needs to figure out what to put in their opening pre-show. I hated that a good match was wasted in the pre-show. I guess I could end this review with this thought: Survivor Series is coming up, so let's go old school and get some teams going. Time to go back to basics. See you all for WWE Raw.









Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment